Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
trying to replace lower water pump hose on a 1999 taurus dohc s.e. i have loosened both clamp ends of the metal and rubber hose but cant fish it out to replace with my new one do you remove the radiator or the water pump i am v
close to creating a basket case and need direction please

·
Registered
23,357 Posts
May sawsall or hacksaw the metal portion to remove. Dunno how to fish the new one into place. I always just replaced with corrugated flex hose part #2221 ($16) from Advance Auto Parts or part #FF257 ($13) from NAPA and a couple of hose clamps. Can't remember for sure, but I may have used a cable/zip tie or 2 to position the hose.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
May sawsall or hacksaw the metal portion to remove. Dunno how to fish the new one into place. I always just replaced with corrugated flex hose part #2221 ($16) from Advance Auto Parts or part #FF257 ($13) from NAPA and a couple of hose clamps. Can't remember for sure, but I may have used a cable/zip tie or 2 to position the hose.
i bought the napa hose and worked it into place from the wheel well and the bottom i also needed the space from the top created by removing the two fans THANKYOU $23

1 - 3 of 3 Posts