Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
I say S-H-O.

Just like it's 4-4-2 and not "four forty two" like people with death wishes say.

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
Originally posted by Racer X@Aug 14 2006, 03:52 PM
S.H.O.

It's an acronym, not a word. :thumb:
Same as me
[/b]
So what? RADAR is an acronym for RAdio Detection And Ranging but we don't pronounce it R-A-D-A-R.
Everyone I know says Map Sensor and Maf Sensor, not M-A-P and M-A-F.
So who cares if someone says SHOw or S-H-O? I say it differently all the time.

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
This definitely needed bumped :clap2:

Considering some Ford techs still believe this is the A.) supercharged car, or B.) the "five-oh" car, I wouldn't put much stock in their verbage...

·
Registered
26 Posts
I always say SHOw because either way I have to explain what it is. And because of that I prefer the one syllable over three. My bigger dispute is over the proper pronounciation of plural Taurus. Taurus the word itself come from latin and to make it plural you remove the US and add an I thus Tauri and is properly converted to a plural form. Two Is is improper unless you don't have good grammar. Like (an) only goes infont of vowels and Hs not consonants like Ss thats what (a) is for . Cause Tauruses just doesn't sound right. Kinda like Geeses....or masks.(but you can't avoid the awkwardness of masks.) et tu brutus?

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
I say S-H-O.

Just like it's 4-4-2 and not "four forty two" like people with death wishes say.
[/b]

apparently I have a death wish... :blink:

:blah:

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
It's back! :blink:

Yeah, it had a poll when I first made the topic...and I still say S-H-O. :p

41 - 51 of 51 Posts