Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I just bought the Midland CB radio and an antenna from wal-mart. I dont know how to wire it though. (i.e. where are the connections, etc) I can do the antenna part and the mounting ok, i just don't know where/what to connect the wires to.
thanks!
Geoff Sutherland

·
Registered
292 Posts
Geoff, a lot depends on where you ended up mounting the thing, most of the newer "off the shelf" cbs have a minimal draw so there are a lot of power sources that should be no problem, obviously the best option would be right to the battery but something along the lines of the radio's CONSTANT power feed will be fine, or even to the power for dome lights, cig lighter or tapping into the fuse box should be able to provide you with more than enough power even when transmitting!
good luck and feel free to ask any more questions!

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
Where are you from Geoff? The Wal Mart here in Bourbonnais, IL doesn't sell CB's.

I would wire the CB right from the battery, or run it off of a switched power supply fue in the fusebox. I don't have ABS brakes, so I used the fuse marked for it as my switched fuse for my A/F gauge.

EDIT: welcome to the TCCA Geoff!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts