Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Taurus Wagon. One of the hinges on the window in the rear hatch is loose. How do I tighten it? I don't see a screw. Do I have to remove the interior trim to get to it?

The hinge is loose between the body and hinge. Do I have to remove the interior trim? Any advice on removing it?

·
'MT5 Plus' Wagon Builder
1,234 Posts
Pull the trim loose at the top, you'll see a place to tighten the hinges. Even when tight there's a little side to side movement on the glass. No biggie. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pull the trim loose at the top, you'll see a place to tighten the hinges. Even when tight there's a little side to side movement on the glass. No biggie. Welcome to the forum.
[/b]

you are talking about the plastic trim inside the car, right? Just pull it off?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yes, the interior trim. I can't speak to the G4 wagon trim, but if it's like the sedan trim, it should pull off.
[/b]
I had the same problem with the loose hinges. Here are the instructions for removing the trim. You can also find these instructions in the owner's manual in the section for how to replace the brake light bulb in the top center fixture. Yes, you must remove all that trim to change 2 light bulbs. When one bulb went out in there, I put in 2 new bulbs to be safe.

On a G4 wagon, to remove the two trim pieces from the inside of the liftgate, you must remove the little rubber plugs from the inside handle on the liftgate that hides 2 bolts, remove the two bolts inside of there that hold the handle on, remove the plastic screws that hold the lower and upper trim pieces together, remove the lower trim (be careful of the lock thing that sticks through it), then remove the upper trim piece.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<div class='quotemain'>
Yes, the interior trim. I can't speak to the G4 wagon trim, but if it's like the sedan trim, it should pull off.
[/b]
I had the same problem with the loose hinges. Here are the instructions for removing the trim. You can also find these instructions in the owner's manual in the section for how to replace the brake light bulb in the top center fixture. Yes, you must remove all that trim to change 2 light bulbs. When one bulb went out in there, I put in 2 new bulbs to be safe.

On a G4 wagon, to remove the two trim pieces from the inside of the liftgate, you must remove the little rubber plugs from the inside handle on the liftgate that hides 2 bolts, remove the two bolts inside of there that hold the handle on, remove the plastic screws that hold the lower and upper trim pieces together, remove the lower trim (be careful of the lock thing that sticks through it), then remove the upper trim piece.
[/b][/quote]

awesome. thanks to everyone who responded

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
dkos
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing