Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
This will come in handy replacing my instrument lights! I can't see how fast I am going at night since the left and middle gauge lights are out.

·
Premium Member
7,302 Posts
You have to pull out both sides evenly, very evenly!!

·
Premium Member
7,302 Posts
IIRC, there's a way to reach up behind it to release it??

·
Registered
70 Posts
IIRC, there's a way to reach up behind it to release it??
I have my dash open and the instrument cluster rotated to the left so I can see the back. I can't twist the black or beige bulbs by hand. Too hard. What did you guys do?

edit: i used pliers. they seem to lock a bit. Putting them back in I could do by hand but taking them out always required pliers. Fixed!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Oh, and I did snap one of the clips. I had to, as the DIN keys didn't do anything to the left side. Anyway there is a guy on ebay selling them under "taurus radio clips".

·
Registered
1 Posts
Remove the radio on a 2004 Ford Taurus SES?

If I remove the radio will I lose my controls for the heater and A/C? I really want to put a 2 DIN radio on the place of the original radio but I don't want to lose the power to control my heater or AC, please help.

·
Administrator
14,352 Posts
You will have to search for a Metra Dash kit to get everything functioning as it's all integrated into the radio housing.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
If I remove the radio will I lose my controls for the heater and A/C? I really want to put a 2 DIN radio on the place of the original radio but I don't want to lose the power to control my heater or AC, please help.
Do you have EATC, or the standard knob climate control? If you have knobs, there's no hope for a double-din aftermarket faceplate, that I'm aware of. If you have EATC, there is a kit that will allow you to retain function of all climate controls, and will fit either a single or double DIN stereo.

·
Registered
497 Posts
If you have manual controls and REALLY want a double DIN, you could make a custom dash kit with fiberglass...

·
Registered
497 Posts
They have flip out single din units that offer a screen. Not sure how good they are and how long the motor will last...

Also scosche offers some dash kits. Imo much better looking ones too.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
The Scosche kit is trash compared to the Metra kit (gen 4 at least), I won't ever be using a Scosche dash kit in any of my vehicles. They're cheaply made and the looks reflect that.

No single DIN flip out units that are decent quality are currently on the market, either

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have a quick question ... I have a 2006 ford Taurus and I need to find out what the screw size is that holds the plate over the radio ???? the previous owner installed a different stereo and there is one or two screws missing and it is lose... thks

81 - 96 of 96 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.