Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 96 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Hey This is sorta random and maybe unrelated. Has anyone tried the use the coathangers-and-then-it-doesnt-work-so-you-pry-with-a-screw-driver-till-it-comes-out-breaking-a-clip method? Has anyone found anywhere to buy one of these clips.... does anyone have one? any help at all would be awesome! Thanks

·
Registered
933 Posts
you would have to elaborate as to which type of clip you broke. Lowes has a section over in their hardware department with hard-to-find automotive fasteners, I'm surprised at the kind of things they have in there that I thought I would only find at a dealer for $10 a piece. you can try there, or some place like advance auto parts. depending on what your broke, they might have a generic universal fit clip, I replaced the metal screw clips on my 96's side markers with some from there that I found one day after breaking them all off because of rust.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Do you guys think it would be a great idea if I took the two write-ups and break it down into two articles for the Modifications wiki? It'd be a little bit cleaner for reading and printing.

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
Originally posted by Qwertz9586@Dec 10 2005, 12:36 AM
Do you guys think it would be a great idea if I took the two write-ups and break it down into two articles for the Modifications wiki? It'd be a little bit cleaner for reading and printing.
thats a great idea.

BTW - I followed Ashley's instructions (cuz I have a column shift too), and everything went very smoothly

·
Registered
17 Posts
mcgillies

thats all i would have to do to install a new aftermarket gauges.. reverse glow i think..
would i have to put differnt bulbs pr are the stock ones fine?

its on a 98' SE

PeacE

·
Registered
933 Posts
your stock bulbs should be fine. the reversed glow gauges illuminate on their own, so you dont' hvae to change the bulbs at all to make them work right.

·
Premium Member
2,545 Posts
Originally posted by Jovy@Feb 24 2006, 05:41 PM
so its preatty simple to install?
Yes all you need to do is slip the new "guage Faces" over your existing ones and its pretty much wire them into the parking lights ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Originally posted by Taurusse1995+Feb 25 2006, 10:01 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Taurusse1995 @ Feb 25 2006, 10:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Jovy@Feb 24 2006, 05:41 PM
so its preatty simple to install?
Yes all you need to do is slip the new "guage Faces" over your existing ones and its pretty much wire them into the parking lights ;) [/b][/quote]
The only tricky part is wiring to the correct corresponding wires

·
Registered
26 Posts
Good job by Ashley (Firespirit), on a good descriptive desciption. I recently tried putting my new gauges and painting certain dashboard itemz and i used her method and yup...datz how u do it. Tanx.

·
Premium Member
4,482 Posts
Well she is the mom of tcca :lol2:

·
Premium Member
7,302 Posts
All right Ash!!! :banana: :lol2: :banana: :lol2:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Originally posted by Firespirit+Sep 23 2006, 03:13 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Firespirit @ Sep 23 2006, 03:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TheJcode@Sep 23 2006, 10:17 AM
Well she is the mom of tcca  :lol2:
:lol2: I try to take care of my men. :lol2: [/b][/quote]
and WOW ur good lol

·
Don't Be Stupid
7,048 Posts
Originally posted by owntmeal@Nov 25 2006, 10:28 AM
i noticed there's no antenae plug up front for an aftermarket head unit?
when you buy stereo wiring harness, it comes with an antenna extension cable that goes all the way to the rcu in the trunk.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thank you for writing this up, I probably would have never figured out the headlight switch removal without this!

My wife's car is a 1999 with the silver bezel on the gauges and I'll be swapping that out for black. Also, her tach needle only works some of the time, and likes to fall down pegged above 7K anytime you stand on it. Really annoying for when I'm driving because I like to see what speed the engine is running at a given mph and gear.

I also read the ency article about taking the needles off or adjusting the mileage, which will come in handy if I decide to change her whole cluster out for the 96-98 style with the traditional numbering (10-20-30 instead of 10-30-50). And I'll be able to keep her red needles this way and she'll like that.

41 - 60 of 96 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.