Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm driving the other night in the rain, and I go to stop. And then some idiot changes lanes, so now I have to stop short.
And then the weirdest thing happened. I skidded. :unsure:
About halfway through the skid, the ANTI LOCK warning light came on.
<_<
Initial indications point to a bad pump (it doesn't cycle on/off at KOEO anymore).
How do I pull the codes? Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
411 Posts
The ABS connector looks like the EEC test connector, minus the STI connector (Pigtail)

I used my EEC IV hand code scanner, it gives a procedure and trouble codes for all ABS systems until 1995 minus the 1995 panthers and mustangs.

You basically use the same procedure for the EEC test and count the flashes.

As for your problem, it does sound like the pump or ABS controller since there is no flash at KOEO.

G

·
Hamal if you need to borrow a code reader, I have one for that car. Also, I think I may have a good pump if the Gen 1 is the same.

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
Originally posted by JJ57@Aug 16 2004, 12:29 AM
The ABS connector looks like the EEC test connector, minus the STI connector (Pigtail)

I used my EEC IV hand code scanner, it gives a procedure and trouble codes for all ABS systems until 1995 minus the 1995 panthers and mustangs.

You basically use the same procedure for the EEC test and count the flashes.

As for your problem, it does sound like the pump or ABS controller since there is no flash at KOEO.
Exactly. I accidentally crushed my left rear wheel speed sensor wire once and had no ABS for about a week. I just plugged right in - looked up the codes - checked the area and found the goofup. Its a simple procedure :)

·
Registered
411 Posts
If you can find the pin-out assignments, then yes, it is possible.

With the EEC IV connector, you can take a 12 volt test light, one side to hot, one side to the STO line of the connector, then take a jumper wire from the STI (pigtail) and shove it to a body ground or the ground of the connector and you can do a KOEO or KOER test.

I just had to do this with my friends truck as his EEC test connector had a bad ground and would not go into test mode, ran a jumper as I said and it worked like a charm.

As you know, a test light or voltmeter can be used, but the test light is easer to use.

·
Registered
411 Posts
The paperclip trick will work if you can find the correct pin-out assignments for the ABS connector.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts