Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the thread for installing aftermarket speakers, someone said that the C-pillar trim just snaps in and out. I broke mine removing it. The Chilton's manual - which is not very helpful - says to simply pull it out away from the pillar but that was how I broke mine. I can get one at the junkyard, but need to know how to do this correctly so I don't break the new one. Do I really just pull outward, which should pull out the plastic anchors (or break the trim piece) or do I somehow remove the piece from the plastic anchors? If I remove the piece with the anchors intact, is there a trick to doing this? This is a low mileage, garage-kept car that I plan to keep for a long time so I'd really like to correct the broken trim. Thanks.

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
From the factory manual:
(PS- I have never had to remove this piece to take out package shelf cover or install speakers, unnecessary step.)

Trim Panel, Quarter--Sedan

Removal and Installation

1. Remove rear seat. Refer to «Section 01-10».
2. Pull up on rear section of rear door scuff plate that overlaps lower quarter trim panel.
3. Pull lower quarter trim panel away from body.
4. Remove safety belt retaining bolt.
5. Feed safety belt through lower quarter trim panel.
6. To install, reverse Removal procedure. Tighten safety belt retaining bolt to 30-40 N-m (23-29 lb-ft).

A trim panel removal tool can help pull pieces off without breakage also.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
As you can see from your broken one there are three push pins and the one steel clip. The steel clip pulls straight out. The three push pins need to be pried out from behind with a fork like tool to insure non breakage. If you try to pull the whole thing off then pull straight out in one section at a time until it is completely out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts