Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got an antenna from AutoZone that I want to put on my car, I was wondering how I put the antenna in and secure it. I tried to put the antenna in, but it was too loose, so I just kept the stock antenna in. The stock antenna has a fitting that keeps it secure, I was thinking maybe I could take the fitting off and put it on the antenna I want to put on my car, but I'm not sure if that will work.
Here's the antenna that I want to put in: https://www.autozone.com/electrical...p/pilot-camo-arrow-antenna-ant-100/411630_0_0

·
Registered
2000 Sable Wagon LS with OEM sunroof
87 Posts
It's really easy to replace the antenna when using an OEM part the number is Ford F6DZ18A886AB. Google it for aftermarket suppliers. You'll get a new antenna stalk and the white tooth cord and instructions. Cost about $50. Remove the spare tire. Note how the jack is positioned so you replace it the correct way. Unbolt the antenna motor & disconnect antenna cable to amplifier. Open the motor box, pull out the broken cord. Insert new antenna in fender and feed white cord into box. Reconnect antenna wire & bolts. Half hour to do.

·
Super Moderator
8,732 Posts
With a "universal" antenna like that, you will likely need to design your own mounting system. FYI, Universal fit means it wont work without modification in 98% of applications.

Reactions: Joeyjg
1 - 3 of 3 Posts