Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to remove the washer or shim on my a/c compressor and I am wondering what the best method of doing this is? Can someone share what tricks they have learned? Thanks

·
Registered
354 Posts
You have to do it from the bottom of the engine bay. Remove the plastic shield and the compressor bolts. The nose of the compressor will face down so you can remove the snap ring and get to the shims.
How do you know the shim needs to come out?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My ac works intermittently. It always works when I first get in the car, but if I shut the car off, it won't come back on. I checked the air gap and it appears to be too large. If i bump the compressor with a broomstick it will turn on briefly, and then shut back off. If I let the car cool off, it will usually work again. I have not checked the pressures yet though.

QUOTE (Blacksable @ May 29 2009, 11:20 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=728844
You have to do it from the bottom of the engine bay. Remove the plastic shield and the compressor bolts. The nose of the compressor will face down so you can remove the snap ring and get to the shims.
How do you know the shim needs to come out?[/b]

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do I need to drop the subframe, like I see a lot of Vulcan guys doing?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No need to drop subframe? Anything else need to be removed or just plastic shroud.

QUOTE (clydesdale @ May 30 2009, 08:21 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=728983
Do I need to drop the subframe, like I see a lot of Vulcan guys doing?

[/b][/quote]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts