Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am needing to figure out how to play my mp3 player through my oem head unit in a 2000 sel with the ecc package. I have seen the post about wiring it up as the tape input but I want to utilize my cd changer (i have no changer) wiring in the trunk. Is this possible. Your assistance is greatly appreciated... oh yeah... and i know there is an adapter for this but i recently loss my job and funds are TIGHT so i am trying to do this as cheap as possible. I currently use a cassette adapter but have a feeling this would significantly improve the audio quality.

MANY THANKS!!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Scosche Universal FM Modulator for iPod/MP3 Players (FMMOD02)

works great, but had to extend the wiring harness on it to get the aux input up to the front of the car.

Sound quality is excellent, got a little bit of high level interferance, that was fixed by moving my extension wiring from the drivers side of the car, to the passenger side. The wiring harness running along the drivers side must have the power feeds for the Fuel pump.

Make sure you get the universal antenna kit (whole bunch of antenna adapters) I found the kit after I made up my own. If you need to though, splicing antenna wires isn't that bad, as long as you solder the connections and wrap then well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have visited this topic and have decided to proceed with this option..... one question tho.... when connecting the L & R + & - from the jack to the back of the HU, I cut the wires about 1" from the harness. Do I tap on to the wires going into the harness or bypass them.

QUOTE (KARI K @ Jul 23 2009, 10:51 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=741399
http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=15242

if link doesn't work, look at aux input method in topic finder.

you loose the casette player with this option. I had to use the FM intercept since my cassette craps out 1/2 the time.[/b]

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
You can't just tap wires into the CD changer port. The RCU "listens" to special codes sent out by the CD changer to switch over to that port.

As for the the cassette wires, you're suppose to solder the aux input jack to the L and R + and - wires.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts