Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K Here it goes. I've seen some of the other post's on no heat and low heat conditions.
99 Taurus V-6 Vulcan.
Heat output went from great to hardly no heat at all.
Change thermostsat in conjunction with back flushing the heater core.RIGHT??
NO...Still no heat and engine will not warm up past the L (NORMAL)? Thinking a new thermostat was bad changed it again along with another back flush for good measure and no change. ENGINE WILL NOT WARM UP QUICKLY(Takes 20 minutes sometimes more just to get about the normal low range line.)and the heat's still cot hot. Any suggestions????other than this car runs great...

J

·
0 Posts
Welcome to the club!
Sorry to start you off with potentially bad news, but....

I hate to say it, but you may need a new heater core. I had the same problem when I had my 99 vulcan, and that's what I wound up needing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply....I've heard it s a real $^$*&$$^& to change. I'm an aircraft mech by trade and used to hard to access equipment changes. Any tips on what not to do??

Thanks again

·
Registered
148 Posts
I know one thing you will bnot want to do is hurry lotsa srcrews and such. You will also have too evac the AC

J

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by herc@Mar 8 2004, 11:02 PM
Thanks for the reply....I've heard it s a real $^$*&$$^& to change. I'm an aircraft mech by trade and used to hard to access equipment changes. Any tips on what not to do??

Thanks again
I bought my 99 used from a Ford Dealership and managed to get them to replace it for free, so I got lucky with that and didn't have to do it myself. So I don't know about the procedure itself - I'll let somebody more experienced reply with some tips on that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts