Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
00 Mercury Sable 3.0 DOHC
Well about month ago AC went out. Half week after AC went out, my belt burnt up and I replace it thinking belt went bad considering its age. Well turn out pulley was locked while car was running, so I cut the wires to the clutch to free the pulley. That worked for a week and now its completely locked up. Now I am wanting to know how to remove the AC compressor in my car. I plan to install by pass pulley. It looks like its going to be a pain. I am a broke independent college student and I can do without A/C. This car is my life line and I have no assistance from my parents, so shop or new car is not an option.

·
Premium Member
1,523 Posts
Big job, ya better be good with a wrench.
Cooling system has to be drained as thermo housing and all associtated cooling pipes have to be removed, pass. side fan has to come out to get access to get old comp. out. Comp. will come out from top, tight squeeze though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am good with tools. How do I drain the cooling system and remove all pipes and manfolds? Is there a diagram I can work off of to help me. I am an engineering major.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Could I get a list of tools I would need and their size. I do not own any beyond few screw drivers and allen wrenches, so I have to borrow from a friend.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts