Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey crew. Apologies if this has been covered but I;ve been searching for an hour now and I can't find a specific answer to this.

My wife's 2005 Taurus (158k miles) is blowing hot air when the A/C is turned on. It won't even vary them level when the hot/cold dial is turned...it's always hot. I don't hear a 'click' in the dash when the switch is engaged. The A/C compressor was replaced last year (which I elieve included a recharge) so I don't think refrigerant level is the issue.

I've seen some reference on other year/model's threads telling me of some diagnostic test I can do with the system. Do I need a tool for this or is it simply an order for turning on/off switches.

Thanks for any input! :)

Larry B.

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I climbed under the dash where I could see that actuator box (the white one in the pic), kept my eye on that axle (the one with the square cut out) and spun the A/C from hot to cold. It doesn't move at all.

Any theories? Could it be stuck or is there possibly a fuse that controls this circuit that could be blown?

Also, I see in other threads an EATC diagnostic sometimes correcting A/C situations. Would this help?

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Do you have EATC?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anyone have any tips on how to get the radio out? There are 4 small screw holes but the tip of the driver doesn't seem to lock into anything... :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts