Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i mentioned this before and got an answer but i need to know how to fix it. my heater blows out the same amount of heat no matter if its on cooler or hotter. it gets so hot in my car. it will be on low and on the coolest temp but its still blowing out the hottest air possible. than i'll turn on my AC full blast on cold and all that comes out is hot air. and i mean hot. my whole system just blows out hot hot hot air no matter what its on. what the heck is wrong. i can not survive without air conditioning!!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Welcome to the world of leaking A/C systems!
Mine leaked out before and did the same thing.... it hasn't leaked out again since I replaced the A/C compressor. Not saying thats where your problem lies but you most likely have a leak and all the refrigerant leaked out.

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
When you switch to A/C can you see the RPM's drop as the compressor kicks on? If yes, then the compressor is working. The A/C controls operate the vents with vacuum hoses, so maybe a hoses has come loose or broken.

Plus you live in a cold area. You say the car blows HOTTT air all the time, so it sounds like the heater valve is stuck or is not being closed.... Xmann01 is reffering to a refrigerant leak.... i don't think that's your problem based on what you typed.

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'll have to check to see if the RPM's drop after the hubbie gets out of school. and yeah, even with the vents just on, it still blows out HOT HOT air. not a hint of it cooling down or anything. so how would i check to see if a heater valve is stuck?

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
Your heater knob could be stripped and it is just spinning, and not changing anything. With the car off, but in ACC position. turn on the fan to its lowest position, and then adjust the temp, and listen for a noise. You should hear a noise when you adjust the temp.

Adam

·
Registered
549 Posts
my money is still on the blend door / actuator.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Originally posted by dIESEL600@Mar 31 2004, 07:15 PM
my money is still on the blend door / actuator.
Yes he is correct, and you want to know why? Explorers have had this problem for a long time now, and all Ford HVAC systems are similar. Thankfully, removal of the entire dash isn't required on the Taurus I don't think. What happens is usually the "arm" that operates the door will become disconnected; much like a broken door latch.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Sarah,

Is your compressor operating at all?

Sounds like the blend door to me.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Determine if the compressor comes on. When it does there is more load on the engine and rpm dip a bit, it also shakes the car a bit. Even if the Compressor was dead you should still be able to control how hot the air is, you just wont be able to go colder then ambient temp, so it seems logical that it is indeed the blend door as noted earlier.

Oh and did you ever get those rims replaced by sears or is that now in the courts?

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey guys! sorry, i've been really busy lately and haven't been online too much. anyway, i turned on the AC with the car off and it made all the weird noises that it should make. i turned on the AC while the car was running and the RPM's dropped slightly. not very much. so i'm also assuming its the blend door. where exactly is it at? i was lookin at my haynes and chitlons manuals, and i believe its under the dash by the passenger side. i'm not sure. has anyone ever had to get to this door? and if so, how do i do it. i hope i don't have to fool around with the dash or airbag.

and about Sears, i sent the certified letter. they called leaving a message saying they'd call back. they never did. so my hubbie has to call back up there tommorrow morning. they have written in the computer that they aren't doing anything else about the rims. last time we talked to them, thats what the lady said. believe me i'm not done with them.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
from what i just read in the chilton/haynes manual it is under the passenger side dash. It sounds like it is eay to get to but i'll check it out after work tomorrow if I remember.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I did find the one on my car.

drop the black panel under the glove compartment (if you have one panel that is)

Mine was white or cream colored but I have ATC so the MTC version may be a different color not for sure. And it said in big letters ATC

If your car is a column shift then it will be alot easier to get to.

It is right under the left outline of the glove compartment.

should be easy to do so you can tackle it yourself with no problems

we have faith in ya.

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by silvapain@Apr 20 2004, 11:40 PM
you didn't pull the radio recently, did you? The vaccum lines that go to the damper control dial can work loose. That is another possibility.
yeah actually i did towards the end of summer a few times. i'll check that. i'm sure i used the air since than though, but i'll check.

and sablerider, thanks! i'll get to that when the hubbie gets home from work with my car. what do i do once i get to it? just make sure its not stuck open?

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
if you take it off you should be able to manually move the blend door then you should feel a temp difference. if not then the A/C must be shot but i doubt it since you can only get superhot air.

if you can take a pic that would be super.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts