Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my car a little over a month now. It's an 02 Ford Taurus 3.0l v6 ohv, with just over 220,000. And like with any used car it has its issues. I'm fixing them a little at a time when I can, but I'm at a stinking block. There is a hose that runs straight across the transmission dipstick. The dipstick has gotten extremely hot apparently and caused a hole/leak to form in the hose. I can't figure out what hose it is so that I can replace it. I think it is some sort of coolant hose as it leads from the thermostat, but I'm not sure. What hose is it?

Also, my coolant has turned really dark almost black. What would cause that?

Any help anyone can give would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't see how the Clinton flush would help. Although, now that I think about it. There coolant didn't turn dark until after I did a full filter replacement and a complete full system flush then got in it.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
You might consider just cutting out bad section of hose and add a brass garden hose splice with worm drive clamps. I added a splice on that hose so I could pinch clamp off the hose at the thermostat housing so I could do a reverse flush on the heater core. I had to reverse flush two of my three OHV taurus to improve heater performance. I get a lot of crud from heater core.

I would also consider draining the coolant, flush out the block and add something like Peak Superflush. Run it for a few days. The chemicals in the peak product will react to with the iron in the block and help stop the rusting and may help your problem.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts