Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i bought a set of 4 GM horns for my FORD TAURUS lol need to suggest relay and how to wire the horns ,,4 note horn set F,A,D,C train horn set,, my friend has a set in a differnt subaru they sound like a train,, has anyone installed these on there tauraus or sable ? the high note went out in my car , so i decided to upgrade to more horns

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,557 Posts
A 30 amp automotive relay will work fine. Original horn wire to one coil terminal, other coil terminal to a good ground (terminals 85 and 86) a 30A fused wire from battery to pin 30, pin 87 to your new horns. Of course, the horns bodies are their grounds.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A 30 amp automotive relay will work fine. Original horn wire to one coil terminal, other coil terminal to a good ground (terminals 85 and 86) a 30A fused wire from battery to pin 30, pin 87 to your new horns. Of course, the horns bodies are their grounds.
i was hooking up the 4 horns today my friend tested all the horns before installing that i bought ebay one horn was bad so i sent them all back ,, bought another set on ebay that has a 3 year warrenty on the 4 horns and they 2 wires one ground and positive wire stupid question do i wire all the grounds from the horns to the battery or does it go to the black relay sorry to ask this ,, i am planing to make a wiring harness ,, thanks

·
Super Moderator
8,557 Posts
No need to run the horn grounds directly to the battery. Just run grounds to any random bolt under the hood. Same for the relay coil ground.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts