Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys i was driving the other day and some lady pulled out in front of me and i laid on the horn. the horn hadn't fully worked before, Well to a surprise the horn was fully working for about 3 seconds then completely sounded like only half was working again. It was kind of embarrassing like a teenage boy and a cracking voice. :smiley5: I know this horn can get a lot louder than sounding like something out of a 95 neon. ive checked the fuse can't see if its out though because it's silver... im unsure what to do next

Also: forgot to add, my keyless remote has two buttons, lock, and unlock. Is there a way to make the horn chirp when i lock it or make the lights flash?
If not would it be easy to buy a new remote from walmart or target and program it? thanks.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Pick one up from a junkyard, or check the topic finder, and to the mod for the GM 3 tone horn! That will get peoples attention for sure! I had a Buick with the 3 tone horn, they sound like a train horn!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Common problem ... car has 2 horns both mounted low, easily fouled by road crud. If horn sounds weak, most likely only one is working.

Pull off the single electrical connection on each horn and spray with WD40.

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
Hey guys i was driving the other day and some lady pulled out in front of me and i laid on the horn. the horn hadn't fully worked before, Well to a surprise the horn was fully working for about 3 seconds then completely sounded like only half was working again. It was kind of embarrassing like a teenage boy and a cracking voice. :smiley5: I know this horn can get a lot louder than sounding like something out of a 95 neon. ive checked the fuse can't see if its out though because it's silver... im unsure what to do next

Also: forgot to add, my keyless remote has two buttons, lock, and unlock. Is there a way to make the horn chirp when i lock it or make the lights flash?
If not would it be easy to buy a new remote from walmart or target and program it? thanks.
If your car came with factory Passive Anti-Theft System (PATS), push the lock button twice in a row and horn and lights will chirp. Don't know if that was an option in '95, though.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
gonna have to give it a go and see what i can find. PATS is with the electric chip key correct? if thats the case the 95 doesn't have it. Thats a bummer. Hopefully i wont have too much trouble finding the horns.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts