Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife's '03 Taurus wagon was wrecked again. None of which were her fault. This time had to replace the front bumper, grille, headlights, hood, and rad support.
Find out today that the horn doesn't work. If the horn is mounted to the rad support I'm thinking maybe the body shop just didn't plug it in.
I'd check it if I could FIND the thing. Do I need to pull off the valence cover between the bumper and subframe?
Thanks.

·
Registered
232 Posts
If it is in the same place as the sedan, you need to jack your car up and take off the wheel. Then remove the screws and bolts from the front half of the splash guard. There are 2 horns there, one high tone and one low tone.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
^In addition to what he said above, this is on the driver's side.

If the horns don't work but the wiring is OK, I have a couple of spare horns off of an 01 from North Carolina (just needed the bracket). Pay shipping and they are yours.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^In addition to what he said above, this is on the driver's side.[/b]
Thanks, I was just going to ask that. I'll try it tomorrow, I'm getting cold. Have a garage but it ain't heated.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And now....the rest of the story....as related to me by the wife.

Everything looked okay to me. Had the wife take the car back to the body shop today. They look, yup, wires are hooked up. An old guy that works there tells the young guy looking at her car that the Taurus has a goofy horn arrangement and if one of them shorts out, neither one will work. Clip the wire between the horns. Young guy doesn't believe him, old guy says clip the wire. Finally he does. Bingo. Horn works, well, one of them does anyway. Not sure if that's related to the accident or not but at least we've got toot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts