Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just cruising through the ebay listings looking for nothing really when i suddenly came across a oem spoiler. Not only that, it was from a 97 taurus, therefor it would fit my 96 sable. AND on top of THAT, its same color green as my sable so no painting! :chili:
I've wanted one ever since i got this car, and the oem one because i liked the look.

Please no one here bid on it. I've wanted on bad for awhile. And my sable has been bruised from my stupid driving (1500 damage) in the rear quarter panel. So i need to give a treat :p

Even though saying that, ill trust all you hard working, honest, people loving taurus owners ( :D )the site link so you can see what it looks like if you want. If you want to bid on it, i know where you live :angryfire: . haha, JK! :p

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...me=STRK:MEBI:IT

p.s. even looks like it has a third brake light! I've wanted to tint my windows and was wondering if i should cut out the tint where my third brake light is (not that it would matter if it was covered). Now i dont have to worry about it, ill just unplug the lights for it and use the spoler brake light so it doesnt look as cheap with my 3rd window brake light coming on. Also when i get tinted, you wont see it anymore too! yea, im pumped :D (though i may not win because i only have so much money and can only go so high with the bid, and 6 days of "come on, come on, come on...." Donations welcomed! haha.) I think i might have em put it on while my car goes in for repairs eventually.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
that does NOT look like a g3 spoiler. Looks like one that came off of a G2 sho.

I could be wrong, and the owner of a g3 would probably be more knowledgeable about this..but yeah....

·
Registered
702 Posts
Yep! Thats a Gen III spoiler (pretty sure). Its too curved to be a Gen II. It looks like its flat, like the back end of a Gen II, but it does curve a little. Gen II's spoilers have absolutely no curve- that Im aware of anyway. The back of it is fairly flat, but the corners are way rounded. Thats why I think its gen III

·
Registered
702 Posts
Look at THIS, then look at the other spoiler. There's a huge difference. I know they're different types of spoilers, but look at how squared off a spoiler would have to be to fit a Gen II...

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
i think the one he is bidding on is a real OEM sable spoiler. the sable and the taurus spoilers were a bit diff

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Could be a Gen IV, I guess- the rear ends of those are more squared off. Heres one with a light though for gen III.

Spoiler

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
It says aftermarket right in the description........... :lol2:
It looks good though. :)

G

·
(T1)1997 Ford Taurus Rear Spoiler - Green
You are bidding on an LKQ Online auction for an aftermarket rear spoiler taken off of a 1997 Ford Taurus 4 - Door Sedan. It is deck lid mounted and painted green. It is in mint condition.

This Spoiler will fit:

1996 - 1997 Ford Taurus
1996 - 1997 Mercury Sable

Looks like a GENIV for sure... but most likely it's pure aftermarket.

Sal

·
Premium Member
4,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I started another argument like thread, haha. Well didnt half read the description, just enough to say hey, i want that. I thought ive seen spoiler like that on a sable before, picture or real life, cant remember. I do remember that looking at the both ends, how the "feet" kinda are shaped forward, i remember that running just along the trunk lid's sides. I thought that looked really neat. By the looks of the the picture of the underside, that red bar is the brake light aent it, at the top of it?
Sorry if my explantion about the looks is weird, but hard to explain. The spoiler just looks familer. But hey, if i get it, and it doesnt fit, ill let someone buy it off me for the same price as i got it!

·
Premium Member
4,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Originally posted by SableSal@Sep 24 2004, 02:13 PM
You are bidding on an LKQ Online auction for an aftermarket rear spoiler taken off of a 1997 Ford Taurus 4 - Door Sedan. It is deck lid mounted and painted green. It is in mint condition.

This Spoiler will fit:

1996 - 1997 Ford Taurus

Sal
It says "aftermarket" right in the description. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
I think you have found a match. A Gen IV looking, Gen III fitting, pure aftermarket spoiler with a third brake light...

·
Registered
702 Posts
Originally posted by stever+Sep 24 2004, 04:00 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (stever @ Sep 24 2004, 04:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SableSal@Sep 24 2004, 02:13 PM

This Spoiler will fit:

1996 - 1997 Ford Taurus

Sal
It says "aftermarket" right in the description. ;) [/b][/quote]
You riuned our fun- trying to figure out where it came from. lol.

*In response to Sal's comment about "the curves not being there," the flat parts that gen IIs have aren't there either. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I hope i do. im just happy being that its already painted. i think id be willing to pay up to 200 for it cuz i want one bad. But we'll see how it goes with the bid.

·
Premium Member
4,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Take post at the bid with an assualt rifle. If anyone comes near it to bid, KILL THEM! :shoot:
Your reward if i win is the pictures for everyone when i get it installed.
:p

1 - 20 of 30 Posts