Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the group. I have recently just purchased a 2014 Taurus limited. However, I noticed the remote start was not working. After looking through a bunch of forums to diagnose, I stumbled across where there might be an issue with the hood switch.

So after searching around in the engine bay for a few minutes, I came to the conclusion that maybe my model did not support one? Then I saw this connector hanging around and figured it was supposed to be connected to the hood switch.

So my reason for this post is too find out:
1. Is there a way to just bypass the switch?
2. Does this even go in to the hood switch connector?
3. Should I go to the dealer for the part or would it be fine with an aftermarket?
Luggage and bags Hood Textile Sleeve Bag

·
Registered
2 Posts
That does appear to be the correct plug for the hood switch, however the placement of the plug is forward of where you have pulled the plug for that photo. You can see the installed hood switch in the bottom right of this photo, directly in front of the air intake box: https://www.motortrend.com/uploads/sites/5/2013/06/2013-Ford-Taurus-SEL-engine.jpg?fit=around|1000:625

As for a bypass, I'm not sure what the consequences would be if you were to wire it permanently activated, or buy a sensor and clamp it so it were permanently "closed", other than potentially remote starting with an open hood.

The part is on ebay for around 30 bucks and comes in the ford OEM bags, no need to get ripped at a dealer imo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts