Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My hood latch is loose, like I pull it and after a second the hood unlatches. Also The washer fluid hose is starting to leak again even after I wrapped it with black electrical tape, so i'm gonna replace that soon. What are the difficulties of the two? Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Ford has a fix for the leaky washer fluid hose. My electrical tape gave out in the really cold weather and I broke down and bought the kit from them. Its a couple bucks at the dealer and works like a charm.

Also, I believe you just lube up the front latch under the hood and/or remove any crap that is preventing the latch from moving smoothly to correct the hood latch issue.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Out of curiosity...where are you washer fluid hoses leaking from?? Also, daveromanjr....you said "ford has a fix for this"... is this a common problem for the G4? I notice some cracking forming on my washer fluid hose this past summer...I did the same as you guys and wrapped a piece of duct tape around it.

·
Super Moderator
7,751 Posts
Electrical tape / duct tape wont last long. If you dont want to replace the complete hose or section of hose that leaks, be sure it is clean and dry, and put a thick layer of RTV over the leaking area.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I just replaced the entire hood hose assembly on m '01 Taurus and Sable. The part lists for about $16. I tried numerous times and many
methods to repair them, but eventualy failed. The fix took 10 minutes and my washer nozzles spray like new! If you are going to keep your car and like to see in the worst weather conditions bite the bullet and go to Ford for the part.

·
Registered
258 Posts
The hood latch could be the spring that holds tension on the cable at the latch.Pull of your latch and check to see if the spring is really corroded.If it is go to the junk yard and pull a spring from a hood latch there since for doesnt just sell the spring.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts