·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Nice.... Might be some good goodies for this car

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
wow this is gunna be great!!!!

i wonder how tough the block will be in the ecoboost engine? i definetly think we will have the highest horsepower shos ever coming soon.

·
Premium Member
7,306 Posts

i wonder how tough the block will be in the ecoboost engine? i definetly think we will have the highest horsepower shos ever coming soon.
[/b]
Aluminum ... can aluminumengines be that strong?

·
Registered
201 Posts
how long before we get a 500 whp Taurus might be soon

·
Registered
1,525 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
how long before we get a 500 whp Taurus might be soon
[/b]
El Toro Hits 638whp
Old Video, but still. It's been done.

Not with twin turbo's though.....
[/b][/quote]

638hp! :noes: WOW!
That has got to be some hella torque steer!!!

As for the Hennessey 2010 taurus... bout time somebody recognized SHO potential! (besides us Taurus fans) :salute:

·
Registered
201 Posts
once it hits show room floors gonna go snag one for a test drive

·
Registered
26 Posts
You may want to do a web search on Hennessey before you send him a car or cash...lots of lawsuits and pissed-off customers...allegedly pulled some crap that is legendary.

If I were rich and he was the last tuner on Earth, I'd just as soon drive a slow car.

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
i am surprised this is being anounced so soon

·
Registered
232 Posts
I think, but am not sure, that the SHO is FWD not AWD and if thats true than there is such a thing as too much power to send to the front wheels. And have we forgotten what happens with too much power in a taurus? It will ruin your tranny and Ford will not cover a repair if you had mods. I would protest to ford that they need to put the dual clutch tranny that they are bringing here from getrag instead of whats there now.

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
And have we forgotten what happens with too much power in a taurus? It will ruin your tranny and Ford will not cover a repair if you had mods.[/b]
Uh... the Gen V/VI transmission has nothing to do with the AXOD. The 6F55 was the product of a joint venture with GM.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]
Aluminum ... can aluminumengines be that strong?
[/b][/quote]
They have cast iron/steel piston walls, so it's not like its just all aluminum holding the engine together.
More food for thought.
The Ford GT uses the 5.4L out of the F150, which is all aluminum, with svt cobra heads and makes 1200+ HP with twin turbos.

·
Registered
119 Posts
This will be soooo good for the Taurus image!!!! :mj_banana: (as if the 2010 Taurus and Taurus SHO didn't do that by themselves :lol2: )

I want to see the specs when they get it all done. :ford:

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
638hp! :noes: WOW!
That has got to be some hella torque steer!!!

[/b]
Not at all. He has a quaife. No torque steer (when the car is actually running).

Hennessey....eh. I'm glad someone is doing some stuff for the Taurus, but I REALLY don't like his business practices. I wouldn't take my car there.

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
My buddy's Mustang has an aluminum block, we bolted a blower to it and put down 463hp at the wheels. Stock block/internals.

John Hennessey is a douchebag. How would you feel if you sent a brand new Viper to someone, only to wait forever and find out he sold the hood (~$14k) and your wheels/tires off of it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts