Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone used this module before? i think accel has one but i'm not sure.

i'm doing some work on the ignition and i got to thinking about the module...its about the only part noone seems to mention. why? (unless i've missed a meeting!)

its about 50 bucks and i think it would help any aftermarket ignition parts i'll put on later.

what about ignition boxes.

accel, msd, holley, jacobs, they all have them. would using one be practical or a waste of time and money? i have a 92 vulcan power GL and i'm looking for ideas and/or opinions on spark boxes before making a decision either way on getting one (or not).

B

·
0 Posts
Honestly, the ignition box will be a waste of money unless you have other power adders that necessitate it. (turbo, nitrous, supercharger, etc).

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
do you mean a multi-spark module, like the MSD DIS-4? I think that a DIS-4 would help with emissions, and give a few extra ponies. Just armchair wrenching, though.

·
Registered
6 Posts

I've looked into the Jacobs electronics Ford DIS for the Taurus (PN 331391) and it looks the most promising I've found. Same benefits as the MSD just with a wiring harness that connects to your stock coil and computer. I just ordered one and it's backordered so I'll have it in two or 3 weeks. I think I need that time to find a suitable location to mount it under the hood cause those ford engineers didn't leave any nice 8.5x6x3 inch box shaped areas under the hood anywhere near that duratec.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts