Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a gen 2 taurus in philly tha other day that had halo headlights. Thay werent a conversion they were tha gen 2 headlights but haloed. I was wondering if anyone knew where to get dem

·
Registered
276 Posts
Are you refering to the clear headlights that came with the '94 LX and the '95 LX and SE? Look at Headlights to Taillights and search for a '94 or '95 Taurus. Hopefully this is what you were talking about.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No they arn't them but those are pretty nice, I think i might have ta get a pair thanks.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Sorry, for kinda side steppin this post, but I was checking out Headlightstotaillights.com and I was wondering what the difference between the $75 and the $95 headlights for a 1994 Taurus? They look the exact same.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Originally posted by surfrh2o@Apr 18 2004, 07:09 PM
Sorry, for kinda side steppin this post, but I was checking out Headlightstotaillights.com and I was wondering what the difference between the $75 and the $95 headlights for a 1994 Taurus? They look the exact same.
Must be some sort of typo. Usually the $75 one is the non-crystal headlights.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Originally posted by surfrh2o@Apr 18 2004, 10:09 PM
Sorry, for kinda side steppin this post, but I was checking out Headlightstotaillights.com and I was wondering what the difference between the $75 and the $95 headlights for a 1994 Taurus?  They look the exact same.
I think the $95 ones come with the bulbs and the $75 ones come without.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
They both have the same product #, but one description says capsule only, and the other is the assembly. Although, what's the difference? They look identical. (Especially with the same product #/product code).

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Originally posted by Matic@Apr 18 2004, 04:22 PM
I saw a gen 2 taurus in philly tha other day that had halo headlights. Thay werent a conversion they were tha gen 2 headlights but haloed. I was wondering if anyone knew where to get dem
What color was the car? Was it blue?

·
Registered
230 Posts
for those of us with the stock headlights (no HIDs) where would these go?
and another little idea, with the leds, why not use a SPDT switch (Single Pole Double Throw) to allow you to switch from say, having them on steady, to a little module making them blink? or have one fade out and one fade in? I definately am going to give this a try. i'll let you know how it works, and if the switch/module works, i'll draw up a wiring diagram for it all. don't worry, i'll share.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It was either blue or gray is was around 6:30-7:00 so it was getting to be dusk. Thats why its lights were on. Bot the link that Qwertz9586 has is probablly what he did because thats what it looked like. It was either that or BMW halos out of a BMW into a Taurus but that would take some $$. I have done a lot of searching and have yet to find a company that makes them.

·
Registered
78 Posts
was it crystaline enclosures or the regular ones???

i know there was someone in jersey who did the mod himself, and recently sold his bull.....i forget his name though =/ sorry man.....

but it was a hot bull

i could definately learn ALOT from him.....need to fix up my bull....

wait, i think his name is nyron......

can anyone confirm???

puv
=)

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
You won't find them. They were one-offs. The car you saw may have been JERZY-STYLZ's car.

If you really like them, that link posted earlier is a fantastic guide to making them. Pretty easy.

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
How hard would it be for a Gen 3?

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
I would guess you should get a junkyard set of headlights and carefully remove the lense someway. Then you follow the instructions to make the halo and then figure out a way to mount it inside the headlight housing. Then you seal it back up.

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Actually, you can heat the adhesive resin on the headlights slowly in an oven and they will seperate.

As for the stock headlight, I'd run them around the lightbulb. On a Gen 1, it won't really matter beacuse the lens is prismatic, not clear.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts