Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so i've seen my fair share of taurus's. Some stock, some done up nicely, and some done up just completely wrong.

I live around the block from a Gen 1 Taurus. Besides minor rusting the car looked pretty good. Atleast untill you seen what "modifications" the guy has done to it. Stickers. Yeah some stickers are alright, but if you drive a domestic, and put dragons all over your car, it's just not right. Then you add a nice (huge) aluminum wing produced by APC on your trunk. Get a retarded window tint job. Then finally have one windsheild wiper blade. Voila, you now offically own the most stupid Taurus in America.

The story isn't finished quite yet.

On my way home around 1:15pm. I see a slick lookin Gen 2 Taurus. It may have been lowered, or the suspension is getting really bad. But it still looked nice (from a distance). As I approach the vehicle closer...I notice that it has stupid decals on it, BUT it had no wing...which was a relief in my eyes. Now I know some people put mufflers/exaust systems on their car, But when you put a fart cannon exaust on, then you know your ridiculous.

I'm just not sure these days. Sure I have a semi-import car. And I have it looking how an import car should look like (i.e, Body-Kit, That Fart-Cannon exaust..and so forth) But when you make a domestic, exspecially a taurus look like a ricer, something must be wrong with you.

No offense to anyone who has ever done this. And really, I kinda like people doing it to their car. It somewhat amuses me.

And to the people who do rice out their taurus, Thanks for the laugh

lol

·
Registered
369 Posts
The term isn't angry bee. It's Singer Sowing Machine on Steriods.

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
I have a turbo muffler, but it sounds much deeper than a typical rice fart can. It sounds deep and loud. I will soon get a Flowmaster resonator, much like the one they install on Cameros. It will give it a low V8 sounding rumble.

·
Premium Member
1,308 Posts
i like the sound of my exhaust coming right off the last resonator to an open pipe
yeah exhaust cut-out

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm getting exaust on the black SHO. Flowmaster....

But like, you guys put that 5 inch exaust on your cars?

N

·
0 Posts
All you guys wooring about this muffler or that muffler. Eh, just do like I do and run just 2 cats with 2.5" pipe all the way back. No muffs

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Originally posted by Venom+Feb 20 2004, 03:35 PM-->QUOTE (Venom @ Feb 20 2004, 03:35 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-hiddnen
@Feb 20 2004, 02:33 AM
i have a flo master 40 series...
but no fart can...and no angry bee sound either...

venom u ever get new wheels?
:uptosumpn: [/b]
That's not a valid answer
If you don't tell us now you have to show up to the Cleveland meet and let us see for ourselves.

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
I'm with Silva on that one. His/The Vulcan sounds sweet without a muffler, i've heard it! I haven't really heard any Vulcans or Duratecs with different mufflers. Only a Borla SHO.

Nick Saturday

·
Registered
397 Posts
Almost as funny as this GENII around my town with those damned lowrider wheels.

I wonder if in japan, they put a bunch of American logos and seat covers on their cars?
If so, what would you call making a JAP car look American? "hamburgering?"

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Originally posted by impatient95@Feb 20 2004, 05:33 PM
I wonder if in japan, they put a bunch of American logos and seat covers on their cars?
If so, what would you call making a JAP car look American? "hamburgering?"
I was thinking the same thing. LOL @ Hamburgering!

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
I have what i like to call very extravigant fart canons...(based on the same straight through design). However, I cant claim the inherent bling bling effect that solid chrome fart canons posess.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts