Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok well this has happened from the moment i picked up the car, and havnt had time to take it back. When the car gets turned on, theres a click in the speakers (the amp turning on) and then i hear this wispering noise from my tweeters.... its not just when the volume is all the way down, its when the knob is clicked off! i looked and the amp is still ON when the sterio is turned off. so im asking, how do i ajust this so its not hissing cuz its really annoying if i want silence in the car.

p.s. it sometimes squeals really loud and i have to turn off the car and restart it so the squeal stops

REALLY annoying

help please!

i can take it back to the audo shop if i have to cuz its like 45 minuites away but i if i can just tweak an ajustment i will

:dunno:
thanks!
Michael

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Sounds like the stereo doesn't have a remote turn out output, so the amp will always be on if the key is in ACC or On.

They make something you can buy that ties into the speaker leads to turn the amp on/off, but I've never toyed with those things. Might be worth a shot.

Squeeking is either a bad ground or ground loop. Check the connection to the frame and make sure its tight and free of dirt/paint/etc.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Like said above, make sure the amp only has power when the head unit is on. Most aftermarket head units have a remote turn on lead or power antenna lead. Also make sure that they did not run the amp power lead to close to the RCAs or speaker wires. Even with the amp off, most systems will hum if the power lead is to close or touching signal lines. Some shops never learn!

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
Might be a snake hiding in the dash

Mike
:dunno:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts