Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon everyone,

Was hoping for a little assistance today. I have an 05 mercury sable is with 137,000 miles. Notices my car was going slightly above normal operating temperature when i got home from my 40 min highway commute.

Pulled in and popped the hood to hear a hissing noise coming from what looks like a coolant connection to the motor from the radiator.

Was hoping someone could help tell what exactly im looking at as the issue. Im assuming vacuum leak but not 100%.

I have a picture with the location attached.

You can see the condensation on the hose connection just to the left of the positive battery terminal.

Thanks

·
Registered
336 Posts
I am not as familiar with the Duratec, have a Vulcan, but I think that is the upper radiator hose. Suspect a crack in the assembly where the small hose comes off the main hose. This would not be a vacuum leak, rather antifreeze/coolant. I think you will need to replace the upper radiator hose assembly. You can have it pressure tested or borrow from auto parts store. If the connection at the radiator hose is difficult have seen a tool discussed that makes it easier to remove hose clamp.

Scott

·
Super Moderator
7,744 Posts
^^^^^ Agreed 100%,. Replace the hose assy and your problem will be solved.

·
Registered
9,635 Posts
Good afternoon everyone,

Was hoping for a little assistance today. I have an 05 mercury sable is with 137,000 miles. Notices my car was going slightly above normal operating temperature when i got home from my 40 min highway commute.

Pulled in and popped the hood to hear a hissing noise coming from what looks like a coolant connection to the motor from the radiator.

Was hoping someone could help tell what exactly im looking at as the issue. Im assuming vacuum leak but not 100%.

I have a picture with the location attached.

You can see the condensation on the hose connection just to the left of the positive battery terminal.

Thanks View attachment 215190

1 - 5 of 5 Posts