Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been raining a few days non-stop here in Atlanta GA. My recently purchased (about four weeks ago) 2008 Taurus X is parked outside for right now. I pulled out of my driveway and heard a large amount of WATER sloshing that seemed to be INSIDE the door. Thankfully it wasn't in the door. But was still strange. So, I moved/pushed out the forward corner of the large outer lower door trim (closest to door hinge at bottom of door) and water came pouring out. So hilarious. What a design flaw. See my video for better description. I have repaired, resolved, and updated many things on this car that might interest some of you who are working on the same vehicle.

Dave in Atlanta GA
2008 Ford Taurus X SEL FWD 160,000 miles

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Clear silicone caulk along the top. Thin enough that it’s barely visible up close and invisible from afar.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Clear silicone caulk along the top. Thin enough that it’s barely visible up close and invisible from afar.
I won't be that ghetto. But I did simply insert a tiny rubber "bumper" in the front corner of each door. Barely noticeable from any angle. Problem solved.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Good call. Tiny rubber bumpers aren’t “ghetto” at all.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
I had the same problem of my 08 x. In fact, there is a draining hole on the left bottom side of the door. Water inside means that draining hole is blocked. Mine was blocked primarily by leaf debris. Just use some nails to clear the blockage. Best to wait some water inside to the work, as the water inside can help push the debris out while you are nailing the hole. All four doors has a small hole. It is designed to have water go through the doors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts