Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been raining a few days non-stop here in Atlanta GA. My recently purchased (about four weeks ago) 2008 Taurus X is parked outside for right now. I pulled out of my driveway and heard a large amount of WATER sloshing that seemed to be INSIDE the door. Thankfully it wasn't in the door. But was still strange. So, I moved/pushed out the forward corner of the large outer lower door trim (closest to door hinge at bottom of door) and water came pouring out. So hilarious. What a design flaw. See my video for better description. I have repaired, resolved, and updated many things on this car that might interest some of you who are working on the same vehicle.

Dave in Atlanta GA
2008 Ford Taurus X SEL FWD 160,000 miles

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Clear silicone caulk along the top. Thin enough that it’s barely visible up close and invisible from afar.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Clear silicone caulk along the top. Thin enough that it’s barely visible up close and invisible from afar.
I won't be that ghetto. But I did simply insert a tiny rubber "bumper" in the front corner of each door. Barely noticeable from any angle. Problem solved.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Good call. Tiny rubber bumpers aren’t “ghetto” at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts