Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I made it to Atlanta today, from southern southern Mobile lol, either way 350 or so miles later, my Bull started feeling funny.

Traveling for 5 hours, about two and a half with a stop, I noticed the car wasn't shifting back into 3rd when I needed the extra "omph", and the steering seemed unnecessarily stiff as well after breaking free from cruise control and straight line travel. It feels more under-powered then normal, like it really doesn't have that energy I know from the car.
First stop I checked the Tranny Oil and PS fluid, all in the clear. The car isn't overheating, no codes what so ever, it just feels different.

I'm not sure if it's just normal from straight line travel, or maybe I was just fatigued after a day's travel and didn't feel it right or what.

It should be okay though, I have to make one more leg in the morning to Charlotte so I just am curious to this. I have to follow two trailers on the way up there lol.

Anyway, thanks for listening! Time for sleep!

·
'MT5 Plus' Wagon Builder
1,235 Posts
That's cool. I'm in Atlanta right now also. Staying at Holiday Inn in the Decator area visiting all the local Pull-A-Part yards and leaving out in the morning some time. As far as problems with your car, kinda sounds like your riding your brakes or just tapping them sometimes- releasing the cruise control- brake on/off switch yada yada.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
I bet you'll be OK for now. Maybe it was the drafting from the trailers? Did you feel your wheels when you took a break to see if any felt hotter than the others? If so that would indicate a sticky brake caliper/bracket.

Good luck on the drive to Charlotte!

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah I did not check the wheels!

Yeah I tried to avoid breaking the whole time, just adjusting the cruise control constantly to keep up with the trailers going up and down these hills lol.

I'm fixing to leave the Ramada, trying to avoid the traffic I came here in lmao, thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Charlotte traffic is a lot like Atlanta traffic, just a little less numerous/crazy. It's getting worse every year though. Did you make it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts