Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I bought this car, it has had its share of vibrations that happen at different times depending on variety of factors such as acceleration, direction being steered, road conditions, etc. New pads/rotors up front solved one of the vibrations. New Raxles CV axles/joints solved the turning+acceleration one. Car has new Motorcraft motor mounts (3). Has new rear G3 subframe bushings in all 4 corners. Has new Motorcraft inner and outer tierods on both sides.

Anything above say 60mph and up there is some vibration...that doesn't matter if you are accelerating, in gear or out of gear ( I tried). You feel it in the wheel mostly.

I've been going back and forth to Goodyear since the beginning of the year, here's what has happened thus far, and the problem remains...and it's no worse or better after any of this work:
--RoadForce balancing 2 times. (NC)
--Claimed they found a bent wheel. Swapped on a good Centennial wheel I had as a spare. ($25)
--Rotated front wheels to the rear and vice versa. (NC)
--Everything RoadForce balanced again. Claimed to find two wheels with tires that were way out of spec. Tires replaced under warranty at marginal cost ($40)

Today I got my old SEL wheels out of the closet, two of which had good tread and were RoadForce balanced sometime before I bought the car. I swapped the fronts out and put the SEL ones on. Made no difference. Put the SEL wheels on the rear. Made no difference. Vibration still there. So it isn't wheel/tire related.

While I had the car off the ground I checked around under and in the wheel well and noticed a few things:

Passenger side:

Driver side:

Something is leaking:

Do you guys have any ideas? Granted I've only dropped about $65 in hopes of having this fixed...but this is getting irritating. I am replacing the endlinks but those have no relation to the issue right??? Giggling the front wheels at 9-3 and 12-6 yield nothing on either wheel.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:bump: Any ideas guys?

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
Like we just talked about, you need new balljoints. :)

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK I ordered some Spicer/Raybestos lower ball joints on Rock Auto last night: http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=1034627 Maybe the poly boot will last longer than 9 years. RockAuto already shipped them.

When they arrive, I'm going back over to Goodyear armed with my past receipts, pictures of the lower ball joints, and with expectations that they install the new lower ball joints at no cost to me and they realign my car at no cost to me, since they missed this five times.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Goodyear says they cannot get the wheels to balance perfectly using the RoadForce method, they are getting vibrations too using the 225/55/16 series of Goodyear Triple Treads. So they are bringing in a set of ComfortTreads (225/55/16) to see if I will like them and let me test drive on them for a bit. Ball joint work was $260 for both sides (I supplied the parts).

Now off to go test drive.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
QUOTE (risoworker @ Apr 23 2009, 06:30 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=720045
sorry to hear the problems Nick.
you know my opinion :lol2:

btw nick it's a go. :D :D :D :D :D :D[/b]
Too late to dump the 2000 for a newer Taurus lol Oh well, it has a lota newer stuff on it! I'll be getting another one in a year...2 cars is better than 1.

And you should elaborate on the "news" :D

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
You should replace that broken mount. I had many problems with the POS Continental tires that came on my car, the cords had internal movement causing a wheel wobble, and I didn't like the Goodyear Eagles I replace them with (awful ride and noise), so I returned them and bought Michelins, what a difference in ride, noise, and handling! I wish buying good tires wasn't such a pain!

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
QUOTE (austex04 @ Apr 24 2009, 02:28 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=720149
You should replace that broken mount. I had many problems with the POS Continental tires that came on my car, the cords had internal movement causing a wheel wobble, and I didn't like the Goodyear Eagles I replace them with (awful ride and noise), so I returned them and bought Michelins, what a difference in ride, noise, and handling! I wish buying good tires wasn't such a pain![/b]
What broken mount? :huh: Or are you referring the lower ball joints? I had those replaced yesterday :)

Finding a good tire is pain. The Triple Treads on the Accord have been A+ but man, the 225/55/16 series are apparently junk. Oh well, some ComfortTreads, new suspension, and a 23mm rear sway bar should fix the marshmallow handling of the car :) Those TripleTreads are amazing though...I can take exit lanes much faster than the advisory speed limit. Must be funny watching the car do that though, it must be LEANNNNING haha.

·
Premium Member
7,306 Posts
I've been dealing with vibrations for a few years now. New Rotors helped a bit, a new wheel helped a bit but it still vibrates.

Had it to a few places and they said nothing is wrong with the front end ugh.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts