Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I just noticed this today, although i think it might have happened a while back too. I'm on my way to work today stopped at a light and I got an itch on my foot. So I throw the car in park and start scratchin. I think I hear a semi-truck inching up behind me cause I hear some high revs. Look in the mirror, there's nothing there. It's me! My car was revving it's way up towards 3500 RPMs. So, I have to get in drive to go, and of course, it's like clutch dumping on a quarter mile track.

Something sticking? How to fix?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Fist off i would open the hood and find the throttle linkage and see if it is on the throttle stop if it isn't try moving it there is it still does not move it may be stuck. try removing the accel cable and see if it returns it too the normal position if not it probally in the throttle body and will need to be cleaned to work. If this still doesn't fix it it may be the IAC sticking and you may need to clean it up to get it working. Before thinking this is it try unplugging the IAC first the idle should come down and or stall if it is cold if it is warm it should stay running at about 600 rpms if you got a gauge.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts