Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a couple I found

Power Bastards and Mechman

I did the big 3 upgrade (4 awg wire) and I still have dimming head lights :angry:

I am planning on putting a 10 inch sub in the rear deck and I wanted more power before I add a third amp

(If anyone has tried this please tell me I think I've read about it before)

if anyone has suggestions for high output alternators please post them

or if there are other suggestions I am open to options

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
You shouldn't need a HO alt for one 10. If you still have dimming double check all your wiring and grounds. Anything under 1,000 watts really should not need a HO alt. There's also DC power alts, Iraggi, and another website I found but forget the name. Maybe you just need a new stock alt or a new battery.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (RByers @ Jun 3 2010, 01:34 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=809006
You shouldn't need a HO alt for one 10. If you still have dimming double check all your wiring and grounds. Anything under 1,000 watts really should not need a HO alt. There's also DC power alts, Iraggi, and another website I found but forget the name. Maybe you just need a new stock alt or a new battery.[/b]
Well I currently have a 200 watt amp for my interior speakers and a 400 watt amp for my sub

I agree one ten will need less power, I was planning on 100 watts.

my battery and alternator have been replaced recently

I have several grounds, one 4 awg and three 8 awg coming from the battery negative. and I have the original engine to ground and a 4 awg engine to ground.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
You need a headlight upgrade harness. There has been plenty of discussion of this over the years. Fairly easy to install.

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
If you have mixed match wiring that could very well be the cause of your dimming. You could have more resistance building up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts