Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I counted posts with 150k+ miles in HIGH MILEAGE thread. I only checked several pages. These are the statistics:

Total count = 42
150K-200K = 26
200K+ = 16

Engine replaced/rebuilt = 4
Transmission replaced/rebuilt = 8

·
Cake monster
1,584 Posts
I counted posts with 150k+ miles in HIGH MILEAGE thread. I only checked several pages. These are the statistics:

Total count = 42
150K-200K = 26
200K+ = 16

Engine replaced/rebuilt = 4
Transmission replaced/rebuilt = 8
I guess my 99 made it to 161,000. It was in bad shape, someone beat the hell out of that car before I bought it. I'm pretty sure it was the original engine/heads, I assume the tranny was redone sometime way before I bought it. The entire front suspension had been reworked at some point, not by me. Except the struts. By the time I sent it out to the scrap heap, it needed a total suspension overhaul again. The strut tower on the front rusted and started mushrooming a little too. Tranny was done as well. Subframe rotted at control arm on passenger side. Massive patched holes in floor. On the plus side, I must have seen over 10 of these cars with 200k+ in my area for sale last year, cheaply obviously.

·
Registered
121 Posts
i got almost exactly 190,000 miles before i sold my 98 duratec... orignal motor heads and gaskets did nothing to motor but plugs and ran great trannt was rebuilt a 145K sold her for 1200 and shes still rolling

·
Premium Member
7,050 Posts
I hit 169,500 today. Second transmission, original motor. Drive the HELL out of it daily.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.