Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Taurus SE and I bought some LED headlights to run because I’m not a big fan of yellow light. The bright is always on the passenger side headlight, then when the brights are on, the driver side bright turns on while the passenger side shuts off. What could be causing this? The led lights are just a plug and play into the factory connector.

·
Super Moderator
8,432 Posts
Sounds like power is feeding back seeking a ground thru the LEDs due to bad headlight grounds. Check both headlight ground wires and be sure the headlight plugs are not corroded, damaged, etc. Look for corrosion, etc where the grounds are attached to the chassis.

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
Sounds like power is feeding back seeking a ground thru the LEDs due to bad headlight grounds. Check both headlight ground wires and be sure the headlight plugs are not corroded, damaged, etc. Look for corrosion, etc where the grounds are attached to the chassis.
Reminder: HL are grounded in the cabin at the common ground post. HL get positive through separate fuses from the engine bay. Called ground switching.
-chart-

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’ll update this post once I have checked what’s going on. Work schedule is quite busy currently but I figured I’d check on here and see if anyone has an idea because a mechanic potentially won’t or would charge me out the wazoo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts