Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Don't Be Stupid
7,049 Posts
I'll send you 3 of the wheels I bought from you about a year and a half ago for a set.
:makeadeal:

Seriously, great seller guys, don't be afraid :thumb:

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
One last question..

4300K offers the best light output correct? I want the best visibility, without them being too yellow or too blue.
and..
Does anything special need to be done to the flash to pass when the headlights are activated? I don't think its possible to strike both arcs at the same time. Like is there a safety system built into the ballast incase someone pulls the flash to pass while the low beams are active?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
QUOTE (MiniOJW @ May 28 2009, 10:51 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=728769
Thank for answering my question and making fun of me at the same time (I hate you all j/k) So if the fits a 2005 I will be contacting jc91sc sometime next week for the duel kit and at them mean time I'll decide what temp to get.[/b]
Well, I'll get you taken care of then.

QUOTE (dark_fire @ May 28 2009, 11:57 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=728781
One last question..

4300K offers the best light output correct? I want the best visibility, without them being too yellow or too blue.
and..
Does anything special need to be done to the flash to pass when the headlights are activated? I don't think its possible to strike both arcs at the same time. Like is there a safety system built into the ballast incase someone pulls the flash to pass while the low beams are active?[/b]
Actually, the 5000K give the maximum output and are a COMPLETELY WHITE output. Also, to answer your "flash to pass" question, the Dual Beam kit has ballasts that keep the hi beam energized constantly so whereas both arcs aren't on simultaneously, it's such a seemless transition you won't notice.

James E.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Wow, that's interesting that it keeps the high beam energized all the time. But what I mean is if the headlights are on and you pull back the stalk for "Flash To Pass", a normal halogen will light both filaments at the same time. So the ballast will just fire the high beam arc and ignore the command for the lows to be on at the same time?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
QUOTE (dark_fire @ May 30 2009, 04:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=729066
Wow, that's interesting that it keeps the high beam energized all the time. But what I mean is if the headlights are on and you pull back the stalk for "Flash To Pass", a normal halogen will light both filaments at the same time. So the ballast will just fire the high beam arc and ignore the command for the lows to be on at the same time?[/b]

That is correct.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I'VE JUST GOTTEN A PRICE INCREASE FROM THE MANUFACTURER, SO THE PRICES WILL BE GOING UP...I'VE STILL GOT ABOUT 15 MORE KITS AT THIS PRICE SO IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, THIS WOULD BE THE TIME TO BUY!!!

Just wanted to reiterate...

James E.

·
Registered
266 Posts
umm i want a set how do i do this as long as they fit in a gen 2 sho im down ive never ordered over the interweb from someone i think ill need a walk through im scared :lol2: do u talk in IOU's or large quantities of fish?? :p whats shipping?? to yakima washington 98901

·
Registered
145 Posts
So. I bought some silverstars last year and they feel real dim. I ended up installing some foglights so that I could get decent enough lighting so i could drive at night. In an empty highway at night I have to use my high beams including fogs. i would say i'm getting about the amount of light you get in that pic on that gen 3. I need more than that.

I would appreciate details on installations, and also total $ for D.B. kit to 92021 in San Diego CA. I would probably pick up a kit, as long as i know what needs to be done. to install. Please let me know.

EDIT: I could also do a write up with before and after pictures on my light output for anyone who is skeptical or doubtful about this purchase.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
QUOTE (.RaMpAgE. @ Jun 17 2009, 01:23 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=733006
umm i want a set how do i do this as long as they fit in a gen 2 sho im down ive never ordered over the interweb from someone i think ill need a walk through im scared :lol2: do u talk in IOU's or large quantities of fish?? :p whats shipping?? to yakima washington 98901[/b]
LOL...I understand your concerns. What I've been offering for your security is payment through Paypal where you have the benefit of dispute resolution.

QUOTE (Sharky8513 @ Jun 17 2009, 02:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=733017
So. I bought some silverstars last year and they feel real dim. I ended up installing some foglights so that I could get decent enough lighting so i could drive at night. In an empty highway at night I have to use my high beams including fogs. i would say i'm getting about the amount of light you get in that pic on that gen 3. I need more than that.

I would appreciate details on installations, and also total $ for D.B. kit to 92021 in San Diego CA. I would probably pick up a kit, as long as i know what needs to be done. to install. Please let me know.

EDIT: I could also do a write up with before and after pictures on my light output for anyone who is skeptical or doubtful about this purchase.[/b]
What I'd suggest to you is to go with the 3000K or 4300K DB kit...those things are WICKEDLY bright. You won't have that issue of "needing" your hi beams again. You'll just use them because you can. We also can HID your fogs if you'd like.

For both of you, I can do the DualBeam kits for $145 shipped. You can either pay via Paypal to [email protected] or we can take credit cards over the phone at our physical location. Either way, you can let me know what you'd like to do. Thanks in advance.

James E.

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
it will take you under 20 minutes to install a single beam hid kit, a 10 yr old could do it.

the dual beam kits took a bit longer about 30min maybe more just because of the relay and fuse and extra wiring. still very easy.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I purchased a 5000k dual beam kit and holy crap these are nice. Good quality everything. The hardest part was finding a spot in the duratec (read cramped) engine bay to stick the ballasts. The only problem I had was the connector to the original headlights. I had to switch 2 pins to get the low and high working correctly.

Otherwise the low beam has no glare at all, even on the stock aiming on the headlights. The high beams are wicked, lighting up the whole damn road for over a half mile.

Pictures to follow....

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
QUOTE (s2knott @ Jun 18 2009, 11:20 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=733282
it will take you under 20 minutes to install a single beam hid kit, a 10 yr old could do it.

the dual beam kits took a bit longer about 30min maybe more just because of the relay and fuse and extra wiring. still very easy.[/b]
LOL...funny thing when you do it as often as we do it, it takes maybe 10 minutes in most cases...kinda hard to legitimize to some customers why we charge an hour's labor to install them.

QUOTE (dark_fire @ Jun 18 2009, 01:07 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=733310
I purchased a 5000k dual beam kit and holy crap these are nice. Good quality everything. The hardest part was finding a spot in the duratec (read cramped) engine bay to stick the ballasts. The only problem I had was the connector to the original headlights. I had to switch 2 pins to get the low and high working correctly.

Otherwise the low beam has no glare at all, even on the stock aiming on the headlights. The high beams are wicked, lighting up the whole damn road for over a half mile.

Pictures to follow....[/b]
Glad you liked the kit...I'd love to see those pics. Try doing them in a Nissan 370Z...you'll love the room the Tec allows.

QUOTE (s2knott @ Jun 18 2009, 01:13 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=733314
honestly especially with fogs the hardest part about install is mounting the ballasts somewhere.[/b]
Pretty Much!!!

James E.

·
Registered
367 Posts
So what exactly are you require to do to make the high beams work like the guy mentioned before?

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
QUOTE (adio @ Jun 18 2009, 05:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=733399
So what exactly are you require to do to make the high beams work like the guy mentioned before?[/b]
Mine I just had to switch the "Low" and "Common." This is actually a common issue with 9004/7 kits of anything, like my friend's neon HIDs.

With that said, this kit has less glare than most of the ones I've ever seen in person. My friends Neon makes your eyes fall out.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
QUOTE (dark_fire @ Jun 18 2009, 08:49 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=733429
QUOTE (adio @ Jun 18 2009, 05:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=733399
So what exactly are you require to do to make the high beams work like the guy mentioned before?[/b]
Mine I just had to switch the "Low" and "Common." This is actually a common issue with 9004/7 kits of anything, like my friend's neon HIDs.

With that said, this kit has less glare than most of the ones I've ever seen in person. My friends Neon makes your eyes fall out.
[/b][/quote]

Very VERY common problem with 9004/ 9007 bulbs.

James E.

41 - 60 of 81 Posts