Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a new distributor for HIDs, and am getting a GREAT deal on them now and wanted to share the fortune. These are MAGNIFICENT kits...after running a trial set for almost a year, I've now put them on ALL of my cars. The ballasts are SUPER slim and can go just about anywhere. They don't have the overheating problem some of the older, larger ballasts had, and these are completely PLUG-N-PLAY kits....not extensive wiring...*all of you "classic" HID riders will know what I'm talking about.

I'm currently working on finding a company to manufacture true projector housings to really take advantage of these, but understand in our stock housings, THIS kit is not as obnoxious as some of the previous kits. Not sure exactly why, but even in my 91, I don't blind oncoming drivers the way older kits use to do. They do give the added benefit of an HID in non-projector housings without the annoyance.

SPECIFICATIONS:
Certification: E-Mark and ISO9001
Power Consumption: 35 watts
Voltage: 85 +/- 15V
Light Stabilization: 3 Seconds
Input Voltage: 9V-16V
Working Current (steady state): 3.2A nom
Ignition Voltage: 23kV
Defective Rate: 0.03%

FEATURES:
Slim ballast design to ensure quick and easy installation.
Digital ballasts w/ Advanced German Technology.
Digital technology will help prevent any damage to your electrical system.
100% waterproof, weather proof and vibration proof! You can submerge our balllasts in water.
100% plug and play, install in 15min and no cutting or modifying for most cars.
The installation is reversible, so you can take it off and put it on another car!
All kits are backed by an 18 month warranty on both the bulbs and ballasts.
We warranty out any parts, so same day replacements.
This hid kit will last 10x longer than your halogen and use 1/2 the power!
The capsule is precisely aligned maintaining the same focus as the halogen with 4-5 times more light.
The HID bulbs will fit exactly the same as your halogen!
This kit will include everything you need to convert your halogen into True hid like the luxury car

KIT CONTENTS:
2 x Xenon HID Bulbs
2 x Slim Digital Ballasts
All wires, connectors and installation hardware needed.
Installation Manual w/ Warranty Card

We currently stock these bulb temperatures:

3000K (GOLDEN YELLOW)
5000K (OEM-WHITE W/ YELLOW HUE)
6000K (WHITE W/ BLUE HUE)
8000K (LIGHT BLUE)
10,000K (BRILLANT BLUE)
12,000K (PURPLE)
30,000K (PINK)

Pricing:

Single Beam Kits: $85 + Actual Shipping

Dual Beam Kits: $125 + Actual Shipping

I'VE JUST GOTTEN A PRICE INCREASE FROM THE MANUFACTURER, SO THE PRICES WILL BE GOING UP...I'VE STILL GOT ABOUT 15 MORE KITS AT THIS PRICE SO IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, THIS WOULD BE THE TIME TO BUY!!!

As ALL of our cars come with the dual filament bulbs, you may intially think to go with the Dual Beam, but they ship VERY slowly, so there may be delays on those kits. ALSO, I've got the singles in all my cars, and they are plenty bright enough where a "High Beam" isn't really needed.

To order or for any questions or concerns, you can either contact me via PM here, or email or call:

James E.
[email protected]
404-284-7000 ph.

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
Do these fit correctly in the housing, or will there need to be modifications done to get them to sit correctly in the housing?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
QUOTE (SilverThunder @ Mar 28 2009, 10:01 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=713113
Do these fit correctly in the housing, or will there need to be modifications done to get them to sit correctly in the housing?[/b]
I've got them on my 3 SHOs, and they fit properly in the housings.
[attachment=28976:0326092216.jpg]
[attachment=28977:0326092217.jpg]
[attachment=28978:0326092217a.jpg]
[attachment=28979:0326092217b.jpg]

James E.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
on the ones with the high beam, does it actually have two bulbs or does the one bulb just move further back in the housing like the retro solutions HIDs. If I ever buy another HID kit it will definately have two bulbs for each housing so i can have true hi/low beams instead of just low/little bit above low beams

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE (Ethan @ Mar 29 2009, 01:30 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=713301
on the ones with the high beam, does it actually have two bulbs or does the one bulb just move further back in the housing like the retro solutions HIDs. If I ever buy another HID kit it will definately have two bulbs for each housing so i can have true hi/low beams instead of just low/little bit above low beams[/b]
Well, Ethan, on the OEM bulbs there is still just one bulb with two filaments...one that gives twice the output of the other allowing it to be brighter. What they're doing now on the dual beam HID kits is a similar approach. They have the main HID bulb which gives a drastically brighter output than stock, then another attached bulb with separate wiring that gives 50% more output (remember, HIDs...don't need much more anyway), and a transformer box that keeps the currents consistant, so this may be a good kit for you. LMK. Thanks.

James E.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The ones on the left are actually 3000K and the right are 8000K. They look that blue because the headlight housings on my 96 are horribly yellowed...I just got new housings in my 91, so they're SUPER clear and look whiter than hyper yellow. Funny.

James E.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
QUOTE (jc91sc @ Mar 29 2009, 04:00 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=713319
QUOTE (Ethan @ Mar 29 2009, 01:30 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=713301
on the ones with the high beam, does it actually have two bulbs or does the one bulb just move further back in the housing like the retro solutions HIDs. If I ever buy another HID kit it will definately have two bulbs for each housing so i can have true hi/low beams instead of just low/little bit above low beams[/b]
Well, Ethan, on the OEM bulbs there is still just one bulb with two filaments...one that gives twice the output of the other allowing it to be brighter. What they're doing now on the dual beam HID kits is a similar approach. They have the main HID bulb which gives a drastically brighter output than stock, then another attached bulb with separate wiring that gives 50% more output (remember, HIDs...don't need much more anyway), and a transformer box that keeps the currents consistant, so this may be a good kit for you. LMK. Thanks.

James E.
[/b][/quote]
So the two "bulbs" are basically right on top of each other in the HID bulb similar to the standard halogen bulb?

Trust me, the extra output may seem crazy but you need it up here in Wisconsin doing some deer dodging.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the Bumps, Ethan! LOL

QUOTE (dark_fire @ Apr 6 2009, 11:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=715877
So the two "bulbs" are basically right on top of each other in the HID bulb similar to the standard halogen bulb?

Trust me, the extra output may seem crazy but you need it up here in Wisconsin doing some deer dodging.[/b]
Yes, essentially that is how they're configured. I've not gotten a set of dual beams in awhile because here in GA they're not a necessity...I'll order a couple sets this week so I can take pics and you guys can see what they look like.

James E.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pics of the Dual Beam Bulbs

As I was saying, there's not a great deal of difference between the single beam and dual beam bulbs at first sight, but the dual beams do have the additional HID "filament" to add the high beam.

[attachment=29166:Dual_Beam.jpg]
[attachment=29167:Dual_Beam_1.jpg]

James E.

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
QUOTE (jc91sc @ Apr 18 2009, 10:59 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=718586
Pics of the Dual Beam Bulbs

As I was saying, there's not a great deal of difference between the single beam and dual beam bulbs at first sight, but the dual beams do have the additional HID "filament" to add the high beam.

[attachment=29166:Dual_Beam.jpg]
[attachment=29167:Dual_Beam_1.jpg]

James E.[/b]
I keep getting an error saying that I don't have permission to use this feature when I try to view the pictures.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
QUOTE (Ethan @ Apr 20 2009, 12:28 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=718975
maybe it's just me but I can only see one HID filament[/b]
So do you doubt that it's THERE since you can't see it? LOL...Ethan, notice the FOUR wires going into the Dual Beam bulb (pair of thick wires and a second pair of thinner wires for the high beam). Tell you what, if you want a set, we can get you a set out, and if they turn out NOT to be Dual Beams, I'll refund your money AND you can keep the HIDs...How's that?

LOL

James E.

·
Registered
671 Posts
QUOTE (jc91sc @ Apr 21 2009, 08:12 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=719264
So do you doubt that it's THERE since you can't see it? LOL...Ethan, notice the FOUR wires going into the Dual Beam bulb (pair of thick wires and a second pair of thinner wires for the high beam). Tell you what, if you want a set, we can get you a set out, and if they turn out NOT to be Dual Beams, I'll refund your money AND you can keep the HIDs...How's that?

LOL

James E.
[/b][/quote]

James, you ever come up to Columbia? I'm interested in adding HID's to my Gen IV. I'd like to see them in person prior to any financial exchange :eek:

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
QUOTE (michakaveli @ Apr 23 2009, 10:58 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=719905
There are a lot of people who travel back and forth between the Carolina's and Georgia, so I didn't know if perhaps you were planning on passing through or whatnot... I guess, nevermind I asked.[/b]
Nah, I'm not one of those travelers, and I didn't take offense or anything...it just strikes me as odd to ask to see IN PERSON something that I'm sure you see regularly. These are Xenon Worx kits, so if you've seen ANY HIDs you've seen what these kits are like.

James E.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
QUOTE (jc91sc @ Apr 21 2009, 06:12 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=719264

LOL

James E.
[/b][/quote]
haha sounds good to me. Give me about a month or so to get a job and some money and Ill PM you about the lights.

One more question. How much of a difference in light output is there between the hi beam bulb and the low beam bulb?

1 - 20 of 81 Posts