Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I am attaching a link to view pictures and videos on my 1998 Taurus SHO with a HID retrofit done by Rich @ http://www.hidillusionz.com/html/. He is extremely professional, knows what he is doing and takes the time out to educate you about HID retrofitting. I would highly recommend him. He does excellent quality work. Tell him Loukas sent you...lol The setup is a pair of Lexus SC430 HID projectors with the clear lens and secondary cutoff shield removed. The shroud is a Porshe Cayanne replica shroud. The setup looks excellent and the light out is insane. The cut off is amazingly sharp, the beam is extremely wide (5-6 car lengths wide on each side, maybe more). The output of the setup is smooth. This setup also produces a great flicker that can not even be matched by BMWs!

http://picasaweb.google.com/Zannopoulos/HIDAndLED

By the way if the front bumper looks familiar it is...I got if from SHOZ123. Great guy and very knowledgeable.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Wooooo! Welcome to the retrofit club! I know you love them, great choice in projector. and I really like the grill, I've don't think I've ever seen that SHO emblem anywhere.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (Escblads @ May 27 2010, 01:42 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=807245
Wooooo! Welcome to the retrofit club! I know you love them, great choice in projector. and I really like the grill, I've don't think I've ever seen that SHO emblem anywhere.[/b]
Thanks man. I am never going back to stock halogen. The output is insane and the flicker is amazing!

·
Registered
524 Posts
I want retrofits SO bad.

·
Registered
260 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (Little Blue V6 @ May 28 2010, 12:47 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=807449
whats the average cost for their work?[/b]

Do do a retrofit they charge $300.00 + cost of the projectors + HID kit + shrouds + wiring harness. If you have your own projectors, shrouds, HID kit, and want to use your factory wiring harness (it will work fine) then you only pay for the labor of the retrofit. It is well worth the money. Plus there is a lifetime warranty on the work. If anything goes wrong or there is condensation in the headlamps because of the retrofit they will fix it for free. Contact them. Rich will take the time out to answer all your questions and concerns.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts