Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is a good HID kit for a Gen 4 Taurus and where can I buy it?

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
I just bought the DDM tuning 35w hi/low kit...($108 after shipping) I'll let you know how that turns out. They should be here by Friday!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
vvme.com

has single hid kits for $55 and slide back dual kits for about $100.

havent really had many problems, got one bad ballast and they replaced it under warranty.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Could you post some pics? And the DDM kit is 50 bucks less is it any worse?

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
QUOTE (adio @ Jun 18 2009, 03:16 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=733355
Could you post some pics? And the DDM kit is 50 bucks less is it any worse?[/b]
Pictures later tonight when it gets dark. I honestly don't know, but the ones from the vendor on our forums don't need the bulb tab mod or anything. The arc sits exactly where it should be.

·
Registered
38 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
To anyone interested, pictures of the kit are in the vendor thread for them.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
you can see pics of mine in my sig link for my 2005 Taurus. I have the DDM 35W kit. I do not recommend the 55w. It is way too bright & will literally blind oncoming traffic.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
QUOTE (solapathy @ Jun 20 2009, 02:40 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=733798
you can see pics of mine in my sig link for my 2005 Taurus. I have the DDM 35W kit. I do not recommend the 55w. It is way too bright & will literally blind oncoming traffic.[/b]
I was on the fence between jc91sc's 35w and the 55w DDMs, but the 35w is PLENTY bright for the stock housings.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts

There is a quick pic I took at night with my 35w DDM bi-xenon 5000k kit on blacktop (low beam mode) 2005 Taurus. You can see...It's plenty bright. The beam illuminates across the entire length of the parking lot. On the highway it's even brighter because the road itself isn't flat black like the parking lot.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts