Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,

Im Interseted in buying a HID conversion for my Taurus. i seen different brands and different prices. i want to know who has installed them, what brand were used and if they are well worth the premium price.

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
Well, the worth depends on what you want them for. If you just want brighter headlights, then go with the sylvania silverstars. They will put out plenty of light. But if it's the bling you want, then the worth is totally up to you. I think it would look cool, but IMHO, I could better spend the $400 some odd bucks (how much Iv'e seen the HID conversion go for) on engine improvements.

EDIT: And welcome to the TCCA man!

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Ive never seen a HID conversion kit for the Gen4 taurus..is that the gen you have?

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
go on ebay....for as little as $300 you can get a conversion kit. It is a generic conversion for a certian bulb style.....ours would be a 9007 bulb style. It just goes into our headlamp socket, plugs into our existing harness and all you have to do is mount 2 transformers and 2 igniters. Probbaly a 30 min install. The only bad thing is you will loose your high beams!

Brad

1 - 4 of 4 Posts