Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys a couple of questions. does anyone know where i can get a UDP for my car.

also a question about n2o, if you know the answer cool if not then thanks anyways. the question is i presume that i will use n2o in 2nd gear or higher and at about 3500rpms. my question is how long does it last, does the spray of power last through the rest of second gear and stops or goes through till the end of third. im not sure and was woundering if you happend to know.
thanks

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I belive no2 runs off of some kind of vacuum so, it knows to slow down between gear shifts.
Of course, this all depends on what kit you get and from what company you buy from. I'm not a no2 guy by any means.
Someday I will get it for my car though.
When that day come i will email some members on this board who have used it and ask their opions on what's good or not. You should try a few members here and see what they say. I have a few opinions of my own but, aren't sure if their any good yet. When I'm ready for the :lol2: gas I'll ask around about them.

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Originally posted by jorsh@Oct 16 2004, 12:53 PM
hey guys a couple of questions. does anyone know where i can get a UDP for my car.

also a question about n2o, if you know the answer cool if not then thanks anyways. the question is i presume that i will use n2o in 2nd gear or higher and at about 3500rpms. my question is how long does it last, does the spray of power last through the rest of second gear and stops or goes through till the end of third. im not sure and was woundering if you happend to know.
thanks
nawwwzzz, huh?

I wouldnt use it in a low gear, but I dont really know much about it. Dylan knows more about it than me, but Dylan is more of a THC guy than a N20 guy, if you know what I mean. :ph34r:

-Damon

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
nitrous works off of bottle pressure. The shot lasts as long as your pressing the button, unless you have some sort of device that will shut if off, or some speecialty controler. Totally depends on the kit.

Research the kits

·
Registered
90 Posts
N2O use depends on the type your using, wether it be dry,wet or direct port....dry shot if i remember correctly can be done the easiest..... but it all cost money...new kits for v6's are a base at like 800 new......but that depends on brands and etc....you can hook nitro up to a switch that will only allow the the NOS to spray above 3000rpm and if it falls below 3000 it will shut it off. Problem being with most taurus's is the red at almost 6 grand so you only get a little functunailty from it..bu its all personal opnion. $-2-$ its the best horsepower-to-$ you can get but extreme caution.........

I would only recommend a 50shot but if you wanna be daring maybe 75, or u could leave a puddle in the manifold........then its good bye....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts