Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im back an i got the cold air intake figured out on the Taurus. ima upload a pic once i figure it out lol. here is a pic of the old one

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)

its aircraft grade aluminum sprayed with high heat header paint then sprayed with a rubberized semi undercoating. an yes it is the same size as factory piping. an i also upgraded the battery with a large battery.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
any opinions welcome. as you can see the engine bay is clean cause this pic was takin at a car show were it was on display at.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Looks great! Not really a 'cold' air intake though since it looks like it's pulling the hot underhood air. Maybe build a shroud to pull the air from the grill or inside fender?? Nice car!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no the way the box is made it goes right up against the hood so it kinda is pullin in air but not really as much as you think. ima lookin at pipes now since the silencer is off to run chrome piping back down into the finder an ima thinkin should i put a small intake on the pipe so it sucks air up an not dirt an rocks? its got the box around it now so its really not pullin hot air in now. the blue filter is old the red filter is new.

·
Premium Member
7,307 Posts
Hopefully there's no problem in rainy or snowy weather with it being so high up as you mentioned.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
theres not it rains alot here in central illinois an i havent had a problem yet. an i do have a second pic but i have no clue why it dont show up. im sorry about that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts