Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Sable with the Duratec 3.0 engine. I'm having lots of issues with hesitation when I accelerate with light pressure on the accelerator. The hesitation is there when you push a little harder but it's not as noticeable. It's really pronounced when doing 30mph. in town. The car bucks and hesitates and is generally annoying. At an idle it's fine and there's no miss from a bad plug. I've taking the throttle body out and thoroughly cleaned it, replaced the fuel filter, and cleaned the mass airflow sensor but it didn't help. Any ideas on what I should try? The car has almost 178k on it and it's my first Ford product. Mileage is in the upper 20's so mileage is good. Thanks for any help!!!!

·
Registered
671 Posts
Are there any codes? It might be running lean, which could be bad 02 sensors. Sometimes they won't throw a code when they start to go.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did have a check engine light on so I ran the codes. First is 460 and a 401. I'm getting the fuel level wire that's been mentioned on here and the other is for a EGR problem. I'm going to take it apart and see what's going on. I'm also going to look for vacuum leaks that seem to be a problem also. Wish me luck!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts