Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought mine because I blew up the engine in my last car, and could only afford her out off all the cars on the lot. But it has been the best purchase I have ever made. No one ever has to second guess what kind of car she is. The body style has no equal. Plus dependable like no other. Just turned 110,000 mile and have changed one part of the engine. Although I need a new alternator now, but that is do to the system draw on it. Nothing beat's the Blue Oval and her bull's.
:evil:

·
Registered
517 Posts
i bought mine cause i had a 94 suburban and gas was way to much so i had to find some thing a little better on gas and i really did not need a truck like that any way so i shopped a round i found a cougar really liked it but you could tell stupid ricer had it the exhaust shounded bad that was not a prob though but i looked under the dash and all i saw was a bunch of wires pulled down and that kinda made me think a bit then i found the taurus and fell instantly in love (i guess) at a different dealer and kinda played them against each other... ahaha and came home with a 3.0 instead of a 2.5 ahah

ture story

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Because the bidding for the 97 Accord Wagon with the manual transmission went beyond my limit. :(

·
Registered
235 Posts
After my Town Car money pit I swore I wouldn't buy another Ford product. Then I started looking in the paper and found the best prices on a car big enough for me and my daughter and my girlfriend and her kids was on a Taurus. Then I remembered how much I loved my 96 white Sable that I lost in the divorce and went with the Taurus. In fact the only other car I considered was a Focus, but it was just too small.

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
Simple. I got my license and I needed a car. My dad came home with a 94 Taurus. I drove it. I loved it. I wrecked it in a year.

Fell deeply in love after that so pressured him into buying me more taurus (preferably SHO's).

And today we have 2 SHO's and a 99 SE

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
My '95 GL was given to me for my 16th birthday. 2 years and about $1000 later.. I love it!

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
Well the first one, we test drove for my mom, took her back to drive it and she fell absolutely in love with it. We've owned 10 since then, 3 of which we own now

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
I kind of fell into owning my Bull. I had owned Accords for over 20 years. My original Accord was a 1975, which I bought new. It was the first year Honda imported them in to the US. The original Accords had a few issues. It had a manual choke, and in any area where they put salt on the roads the front fenders were only good for about two years. That aside, they were far superior to Detroit Iron in terms of reliabilty at the time.

After my 1995 Accord was totalled by some drunk in mid 1998, I just needed a change. When I visited the car lots this new 1998 Bull just called out to me. It had that nice shiny Pacific Green paint job, and DUAL EXHAUST! I mean, who cares if it's just for show, driving a dual exhaust car boosts the average male's sperm count by 50%!! :chili:

Anyway, the Bull and I have had a happy six year marriage, and I'll give it up when they pry my cold dead fingers off the steering wheel.

·
Premium Member
1,234 Posts
My father has a 93 wagon that I liked. When my previous car broke a rod and I was looking for something, comfotable, affordable and automatic to drive 30 miles to work everyday, a Taurus seemed like a good compromise. The best equipped one on the lot was a Sable and driving the Duratec equipped car convinced me.

Interestingly, I also drove a Rose Mist gen3 SHO. It was very nice, but at the time I didn't want anything that zoomy for a long commute.

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
our minivan busted a radiator, we finally convinced my dad to get something with less miles. it had 212,000 when we got rid of it. at the time we had 2 red g3s. i wanted something a lil less bubbly, and i love the way the g2s look. we found an ugly low milage 92 that my dad kinda liked, then found out it had a 3.8, so that ended that. we were goin to look for a newer car for him, and my mom found the 95, told me about it. very limited info, she doesnt know much about cars other than it was a taurus. we went and looked at it, i fell in love, wasnt able to drive it for about a yr, now drive it everyday and love everymoment. no problems, low miles, i mean sure, i could have gotten a 96-97 duratec, but it would have had alot more miles. and less options, one thing i dont do is bench front seat. i did and still do want a lil minitruck. they own

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
I used to be a volvo only person before I was introduced to the Taurus / Sable I didn't like anything else, now I love them.

A friend at work bought a 93 sable and that's what got me started. I've since bought 2 with blown headgaskets, both 3.8's and fixed them up. I now own a 94 White sable, and a 94 Volvo 940 wagon.

I have been driving my sable a lot recently, I love that car! It's so smooth, comfortable and good looking! And the a/c works great. I swapped a Mustang T5 5 speed tranny into the Volvo and I've got a little work to do on it, it's more of a project car. The Sable is my daily driver, soon enough I'll be doing something cool to the sable, I just know it.

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Well I worked as a service writer/assistant manager for a Ford dealership for a few years and I liked the Taurus. Then I needed another car besides my van and Geo/Toyota because of this little guy.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
In 2000 I was driving a 1988 Accord coupe which had recently been broken into. I decided I needed something more secure, bigger, and A/C was a plus. My sister's boyfriend at the time worked as a car salesman. I thought he might want to score some brownie points with his girlfriend's brother by giving me a good deal on a car. I went to the lot and looked at all kinds of cars; new, used, big, small.... but these two blue 1999 Taurii parked beside the building kept catching my eye. At the end of the day I told him I wanted to look at the Taurii, one a sedan and one a wagon. Both were otherwise identical in everyway. I liked the idea of owning a wagon, but in the end I chose the sedan. The wagon was just too practical and devoid of all manlyness.... not cool when you are a 23 year old single male in the Army.

Been driving it ever since. Very good car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts