1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Some days I feel stupid.:angry:

But it can be a learning experience.

PS pump from DOHC.

I took it off with a 10mm open/box wrench.

Oh well.

When off, I noticed the holes in the pulley. :p

Hope this helps someone else sometime.

-chart-

·
Super Moderator
8,586 Posts
It isnt age or anything else...... we have all been working on Fords so long we know the design engineers dont care at all about ease of maintainance or repair of anything. It is just absolutely shocking to find something that actually cost a bit more to produce used to ease the installation / removal of any part.

·
Registered
10,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Age?

I did the same thing, Chart, lol! Must be the age factor?!
Doubt age has anything to do with it!

Glad to hear I am not the only one to admit errors.
Wonder how many others do the same but do not admit it?

Oh well,

And I took this pump off a car in the bone yard, standing on a wheel to get some height. In the pic it looks like this one has oil on the body. I checked it and it was bone dry. I spilled that, and then turned the pulley to get excess oil out. OK, it did but it spurted it out and hit me in the chest. Could have been worse.

There was another one on an engine that was out of the car on the ground. I checked it and it was a leaker for sure. If it is a leaker around the seal, the pulley will tell the tale of slinging. That was my plan, the easy one but, best laid plans....

The pump on the DOHC is really easy to get to. Wonder what the guys at Ford were thinking. They even had the spring clamp on the hose facing up.:lol2: Wonders never cease. They made up for it with the Alternator.

My pump on my '01 (110K) is starting to sling oil but has not got the belt yet. First thing that has been done to it except PCV.

Speaking of belts. I put a new one on my Lincoln and this Sable the same day. Lin was a Gaterback, and I got the next one down in price but still Goodyear for the Sable. The Sable belt is full of cracks, and the Lin looks great. Get what you pay for. I'm going to guess maybe 2 years. Probably saved $3.

Happy fixing.
Wishing you fewer errors.:rolleyes2:

-chart-

·
Registered
10,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Phase 2

Some days I feel stupid.:angry:

But it can be a learning experience.

PS pump from DOHC.

I took it off with a 10mm open/box wrench.

Oh well.

When off, I noticed the holes in the pulley. :p

Hope this helps someone else sometime.

-chart-
Went to Pick A Part today and got some things. Hot sunny day, but they moved the cars around and I had to walk and walk to find what I needed. Got home just before the thunderstorm. Now, looked in my tool box and my quarter inch drive set was missing. After rain ended, back to the yard and they did not have it at the desk, 2 others but not mine. Out to the back end in mud and there it was, in the mud. Got home and washed the sockets off and the box. Drying now.

Think I will do no more work today. :p Less work, fewer mistakes.

Cheers from the old coot, (forgetful one)

-chart-

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
I wish I could use that excuse at work "if I work less, I'll make fewer mistakes" lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts