Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by Craddosk@Jul 22 2004, 04:45 PM
very nice!looks like you forgot to clean your lower front bumper though:p
I had the Taurus for about a month now and i never washed it .... i think it looks better when it's dirty ( i really don't like that color :blink: )

But all in all i don't really care what ppl think cause the car is mine and it's paid for :mike:

·
Registered
478 Posts
Originally posted by afi292@Jul 23 2004, 12:21 AM
may i ask where upnorth are you from?
which one of us?me or the guy with the really nice(but dirty :eek: ) taurus?im from canada....british colombia.....and then go around halfway up that province....to a big own called hixon!(good luck finding it on a map, look either 40min down from prince george, or 45 or so min up from quesnel)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by Qwertz9586@Jul 23 2004, 12:33 AM
Lol, at first, I thought the IM said 3.3! :lol:

You got the two-tone, eh?
Nah it's the 3.8 but since it's very dirty and you look at the picture real fast you would think that it's a 3.3 :p

I don't think i have a two tone car!.... did tauruses come with the body a certain color and with the bumpers a different color or is it just because the car is old and the sun and normal wear and tear do a number on the bumper ???

·
Registered
318 Posts
The early Gen1's had different colored bumpers and bodies. Different shades of the same color, usually.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Originally posted by Craddosk+Jul 23 2004, 12:27 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Craddosk @ Jul 23 2004, 12:27 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-afi292@Jul 23 2004, 12:21 AM
which one of us?me or the guy with the really nice(but dirty :eek: ) taurus?im from canada....british colombia.....and then go around halfway up that province....to a big own called hixon!(good luck finding it on a map, look either 40min down from prince george, or 45 or so min up from quesnel)[/b][/quote]
You guys actually have streets and houses up there?? I expected to see igloos and snowpaths... :p

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
I  don't think i have a two tone car!.... did tauruses come with the body a certain color and with the bumpers a different color or is it just because the car is old and the sun and normal wear and tear do a number on the bumper ???
You have a 1992 GL, all of the GLs had flat painted bumpers. It was only done for the first year of the GEN2.

My 1992 Taurus had it.. It looked great on that car.

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Originally posted by Taurusupnorth+Jul 22 2004, 07:05 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Taurusupnorth @ Jul 22 2004, 07:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Craddosk@Jul 22 2004, 04:45 PM
I had the Taurus for about a month now and i never washed it .... i think it looks better when it's dirty ( i really don't like that color :blink: )
[/b][/quote]
:eek: :blink: :unsure: :eek: :wacko: :censored: :uhoh2:

If you really care about your car, please wash it!!! and the engine bay.... :(

</resident detail freak rant>

Other than that...enjoy it and welcome :)

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Originally posted by Craddosk+Jul 23 2004, 12:27 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Craddosk @ Jul 23 2004, 12:27 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-afi292@Jul 23 2004, 12:21 AM
which one of us?me or the guy with the really nice(but dirty :eek: ) taurus?im from canada....british colombia.....and then go around halfway up that province....to a big own called hixon!(good luck finding it on a map, look either 40min down from prince george, or 45 or so min up from quesnel) [/b][/quote]
i can actually see part of canada across lake superior from where i am :D

but umm, cool that you are from there.. we will need to have some discussions on how to prepare our cars for teh [email protected][email protected]! :D

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Originally posted by Taurusupnorth+Jul 23 2004, 02:01 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Taurusupnorth @ Jul 23 2004, 02:01 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-afi292@Jul 23 2004, 12:21 AM

Jesse
I'm also from Canada , the french speaking part ;) Montreal, Quebec [/b][/quote]
Quebec?!?!? :unsure: my archaeology professor was from quebec... desordeans i believe was her last name..she had a french candian accent.. lol anyways

as i said above.. we'll have to discuss winter taurus prepping too ;)

·
Registered
470 Posts
Originally posted by n2_space+Jul 23 2004, 08:01 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (n2_space @ Jul 23 2004, 08:01 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 22 2004, 07:05 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Craddosk
@Jul 22 2004, 04:45 PM

Other than that...enjoy it and welcome :) [/b][/quote]
:roflmao: :roflmao:

When I saw his post about not washing, I'm thinking to myself "OMG Jeremy's gonna have a fit if he sees this"

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Originally posted by MaltaTaurus69+Jul 23 2004, 10:09 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MaltaTaurus69 @ Jul 23 2004, 10:09 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 23 2004, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by [email protected] 22 2004, 07:05 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Craddosk
@Jul 22 2004, 04:45 PM

Other than that...enjoy it and welcome :)
:roflmao: :roflmao:

When I saw his post about not washing, I'm thinking to myself "OMG Jeremy's gonna have a fit if he sees this" [/b][/quote]
:lol: You know it ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well let me put it this way, if my car was half as decent as your car i would wash and wax that sucker every week, but since it's rusting all over the place the paint is a sh!tty color, and also that i use the work to work every day (construction and the job sites are very dirty) i'm not going to spend time or money to make it look all shiny.

I used to wash and wax my Contour every week end summer , spring , fall even winter time (when it wasn't -30 c)

Here take a look

http://marmotte.mine.nu/My%20Pictures/DSCF0010.JPG' alt='' width='640' height='480' class='attach' />[/url]

[url=http://marmotte.mine.nu/My%20Pictures/DSCF0011.JPG][img]http://marmotte.mine.nu/My%20Pictures/DSCF0011.JPG' alt='' width='640' height='480' class='attach' />[/url]

THe rear reflector was broken by some punk ass kid

[url=http://marmotte.mine.nu/My%20Pictures/DSCF0009.JPG][img]http://marmotte.mine.nu/My%20Pictures/DSCF0009.JPG' alt='' width='640' height='480' class='attach' />[/url]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts