Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't figure out what is happening. My car will start up with no problems, I can drive my car for quite a few miles, then when I shut it off it doesn't want to start again. When it turns over the fuel pump doesn't seem to be working. By undoing the battery and letting it sit for awhile it will eventually start again. Just lately it has also been cutting out a little. already replaced the O2 sensor, the ECT, and the TFI. The strangest part is that it does this about once a week. Rest of the time runs fine. I get the code 34 on all tests. Please help before I go crazy! :blink:

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
Ok....Your a newbie, so we will forgive you. In order to help you out, you need to tell us what kind of car do you have, what engine, and what year. This is necessary information that we need to properly diagnose your problem.

Adam

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
Thank you Qwertz9586 for bringing this info to my attention. :)
Adam

[email protected], It sounds like you have a bad fuel sender unit. Does your fuel guage function properly? and have you noticed any other problems with idle?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for forgiving me, Adam:) My fuel guage seems to be fine. Once in a while my car will hesitate though. My car ran perfectly fine all this week. Sunday morning I went out to leave and the fuel pump did the same old thing. I didn't hear it and of course my car wouldn't start. Is that what the fuel sender usually does when it goes bad ? I can't figure out why it is intermittent. Linda

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My fuel pump is working so somewhere between the battery and the inertia switch I have an open circuit. I have no idea what to do. Can anyone please give this woman some kind of idea of what to look for or do. I am wondering if ther is another module that might be causing this problem. Thanks Linda

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Though it sounds like a fuel related problem, I had a problem driving my SHO around, turning it off, and it didn't want to start again. In my case, it was the starter, so if nothing else works fuel-wise, there's a slight chance it could be the starter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts