Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Help with wiring diargram for factory radio in 2004 Taurus SES

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  jasen 
#1 ·
I want to install an aux port in the factory radio of my 2004 Taurus and I can't find the wiring diagram anywhere. I've looked around online and everything I've found so far has dead links. I found other ones that were supposed to be for my car, but they were only 16 pin connections and not 20. If anyone could help me out with this I would really appreciate it.

#2 ·
There are many tutorials on here and youtube that will show how to do this. Most effective way is to disassemble I/P control head and find the lin / rin solder pads, solder wires from aux jack to the circuit board. There is a company that will modify your I/P control head for about 125

#5 ·
I've put all the Taurus audio device harnesses into a spreadsheet, tried to color code them, with the circuit #'s, expected voltages, a little better description on a couple of them that the shop diagram left a bit vague. I have found that on some years they changed the colors on certain wires, but the position in the harness doesn't change.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=11q65_WljUlR802ka5NLskQ6H_bdnoi8Y

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.