Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had these WeatherTech In-Channel Visors for several years now, and I've only been driving around with the front visors installed since the rear visors have always fallen since day one. Well I want to get them installed properly this time, seeing how they apparently never were properly installed the first time. I had them re-installed and they continued to fall. So I gave up!

I found the instructions on WeatherTechs website here! They don't include anything about the four metal clips that need to be installed in the channel to hold the rear visors in place. I did a search and found someone back in 2008 had asked the same question for his 00-07 but no one responded to his question. So my question is... Does anyone here have the WeatherTech Visors and know how to properly install them?

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
I got my in channel weather tech ones to work great up front. I got some clips with mine, no where in instructions did it mention using them. My rear ones both fell out too :\ I have just left them out for now...need to do some reading on how to make them work, as I wouldn't mind having them.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (Bull Geek @ Jun 6 2010, 09:36 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=809986
I got my in channel weather tech ones to work great up front. I got some clips with mine, no where in instructions did it mention using them. My rear ones both fell out too :\ I have just left them out for now...need to do some reading on how to make them work, as I wouldn't mind having them.[/b]
So we're both in the same boat... no where in the instuctions does it mention how to install those stupid little clips... I'm going to try e-mailing WeatherTech and seeing if I get anywhere... I doubt it, but it's worth a shot!

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Not sure if it would even help but I know ZieBart installs weather tech products. You might be able to swing by one if you have one in your area and ask them how they are suppose to go. But I don't know if ZieBart is on the East Coast or not.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (RByers @ Jun 6 2010, 11:12 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=810028
Not sure if it would even help but I know ZieBart installs weather tech products. You might be able to swing by one if you have one in your area and ask them how they are suppose to go. But I don't know if ZieBart is on the East Coast or not.[/b]
Thanks for the suggestion. I just Googled them and they have two locations here in Massachusetts, one in Framingham, the other in Shrewsbury, they're about 1.5 - 2 hours away! Might try e-mailing them if I don't get an answer directly from WeatherTech.

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
what I did was I went and bought some black silcone. Squirt some along the top edge of the rears and install them. Let it dry and you should be good. Don't put a big gob... just a little bead. I lost a rear before and I've found that I rather spend $2 on some silicone than $40 on a rear replacement.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (sojiaraggs9000 @ Jun 8 2010, 08:12 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=810312
what I did was I went and bought some black silcone. Squirt some along the top edge of the rears and install them. Let it dry and you should be good. Don't put a big gob... just a little bead. I lost a rear before and I've found that I rather spend $2 on some silicone than $40 on a rear replacement.[/b]
That's an idea... I would lile to install them correctly, I'm trying not to gunk up the window channel if possible, but the silicone would work as a last resort!

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
QUOTE (Taurus3254JA @ Jun 8 2010, 07:04 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=810326
QUOTE (sojiaraggs9000 @ Jun 8 2010, 08:12 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=810312
what I did was I went and bought some black silcone. Squirt some along the top edge of the rears and install them. Let it dry and you should be good. Don't put a big gob... just a little bead. I lost a rear before and I've found that I rather spend $2 on some silicone than $40 on a rear replacement.[/b]
That's an idea... I would lile to install them correctly, I'm trying not to gunk up the window channel if possible, but the silicone would work as a last resort!
[/b][/quote]

...... I didnt mean to use it in the window channel. When you get visors the rears have a light strip of 3m tape that is suppose to hold them in. But it doesn't obviously lol. Anyways.. just put a light(thin) bead of black silicone on the part of the visor that gets inserted into the channel. Close the window and wipe of any access(if any) with a damp rag. It wont hurt noting and looks fine. I've kept mine in for the last 2-3 year now doin that only once.

This is what i used. It goes on kinda gressy but it dries and hardens up.

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
If you don't want to use the silicone call weathertech. They will answer your questions.

Mike
B)

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just got off the phone with a very friendly WeatherTech Customer Service Rep... she's going to look into the issue regarding the clips and give me a phone call tomorrow... I'll let you guys know what I find out!

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well here's an Update! I got that return Phone Call from Jenn over at McNeil Automotive/WeatherTech... she was very helpful with the installation instructions of the rear visor/deflector using the clips.

You have to install the metal clip into the window channel, 1" down from the rear corner of the window with the curved end facing up and out, peel the double stick tape and install the visor's front end first, sliding it up into the channel then over the exposed clip and then press into place, close the window to help hold it. Open and close the window several times to make sure it doesn't get caught on anything, then you're good to go! I have to original PDF instructions if anyone could use them just let me know!

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Can you attach the PDF plz?

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
Lol... thats how I installed mine when I first got them... one still fell out while driving down the highway.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Did the manufacturer's install instructions help? Meaning, did the rear visors stay in???
Yes they did, they were very helpful. I replaced the old 2-sided tape, installed the clip and that was it. Pretty simple with the proper instructions. So far they are holding pretty well!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts