Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering, what are the major differences between the 86-95 and the 96-up vulcan motors. My car is in need of a new motor but I would like to use a newer motor for the fact they are easier to find with less miles and push a little more power. so I am wondering if I could put the 96-up vulcan in my 94. any help would be really wonderful, thanks

Richard

I really didn't know where to post this, thats why its in here. sorry if it is in the wrong place

G

·
The mopst major difference is the intake setup, and lack of distributor. The 96-up cars have a separate throttle body and upper intake, as opposed to the one piece design. I'm not sure if this is a bolt on or not.

The distributor from your old block should swap right over.

The blocks, heads, etc. are the same up until 99, when things were changed a little in the head area.

Basically, if you used a 96-up block, you'd need to swap over your old intake, distributor, and whatever else doesn't match up to your old engine.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so if I use the block and heads off a new motor and my original parts, it will work fine? cause thats all I really wanted to know. thank you very much for the info, should help out very much.

Richard

G

·
Originally posted by groove8310@Sep 15 2004, 11:51 PM
so if I use the block and heads off a new motor and my original parts, it will work fine? cause thats all I really wanted to know. thank you very much for the info, should help out very much.

Richard
Yes, the block and heads will work with your old accessories. You'll have to add in the distributor, but that's no biggie. The 96-up engines have the camshaft sensor mounted where the distributor used to be. It's a simple bolt on.

Let us know if you need any more help!

-Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts